Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club badge

Aug 13, 2020
Naples
Hi All,

first time posting after many years of just reading!

this may have come up in the past, but wondered what fans views are on our club badge. Don't get me wrong our current and of course pre withdean years is much better than during Withdean, but is it time to upgrade again for the new generation?

Juventus recently did it and many fans do love it.

Wondered what ours would look like if this would ever change to a B like the J in Juventus!

Now I may upset some fans here and do apologise if I do!

of course it could just be a simple change of kit suppler where the badge will look good again (I can't stand Nike)!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The current badge is a clean and effective design and symbolises the re-birth of the club; I see absolutely no reason to change it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I wish the club would revert to using just the seagull from the badge on casual clothing. The full badge is a bit clunky for that, prefer something more subtle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi All,

first time posting after many years of just reading!

this may have come up in the past, but wondered what fans views are on our club badge. Don't get me wrong our current and of course pre withdean years is much better than during Withdean, but is it time to upgrade again for the new generation?

Juventus recently did it and many fans do love it.

Wondered what ours would look like if this would ever change to a B like the J in Juventus!

Now I may upset some fans here and do apologise if I do!

of course it could just be a simple change of kit suppler where the badge will look good again (I can't stand Nike)!

Change it to something laughably naff designed on the cheap by a couple of not very talented design college students as a first year end of term project you mean?

IMG_20200814_114309.jpg

IMG_20200814_114334.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They changed it only a few seasons ago by colouring the beak yellow. The design is quite crisp and still up fussy and modern. Absolutely no need to change it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think our current badge is my favourite of all the badges we've had, though the double crests was a nice one.

The Withdean years shields were awful.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
After having a pretty shoddy badge for some years, I was absolutely thrilled with the (re)birth of our current badge. It holds it's own against the biggest and most recognized club badges in the world.

Simple, clean, ready for the big time.

Leave it alone I say.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
In a modern context this is traditionally done to protect copyright claims which depending on which Copyright act this falls under will most likely last for 70 years so no need to change it yet. Alot of Prem clubs were finding it impossible to challenge companies reproducing their badges on clothes etc because this period had expired hence the sudden and recent raft of clubs changing badges.

Back in the normal non litigious world I love our round badge with it's clean crisp lines. Keep.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think our badge is exactly cutting-edge, but it's timeless, and I quite like it.

There's a tendency for club crests to get a little bit too grandiose, or sometimes too playful, or sometimes too stylised. Ours is simple, and distinctive.

No need to change it but I'd be interested to see how it could be evolved, if the club ever wanted to go down that route.

The Priestfield/Withdean era badge was horrendous. Designed personally by Dick Knight, wasn't it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bournemouth is ugly and why is the bloke back flicking a header.

Can't agree on Saints badge , on of the best around that.

Blackburns is my favourite

Blackburn's is great, but I think Wolves wins it for me. Always thought Southampton's was a bit shite, personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here