Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zakaria Labyad

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do our recruitment team just love the all expenses paid visits to The Netherlands, flying into Amsterdam for a night or two? ???

We'll be playing in Orange stripes in a few seasons...

The recruitment team can often be seen walking the Dam canal off their tits on mushrooms.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I so hope this rumour is not true, a bench player that plays in cup games. I'm sure our scouts are better than that. I'd rather keep ali.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon this has come from a 'fan idea' and has now been chinese-whispered up into a FACT.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I reckon this has come from a 'fan idea' and has now been chinese-whispered up into a FACT.

Yes but not a Brighton fan!

I still think there is something there with an Ajax PX for Ali-J but it surely wouldn’t involve Labyad. I think we’d be the ones paying them €10m extra for their left back or Brazilian winger.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I really don't understand why Jahanbakhsh has been so rarely used. I genuinely thought he'd turned a corner in December/January, not only his goals but his all round play seemed much better. A lot have suggested that this is because Potter doesn't play wingers, however this has always been weird to me as he single handedly created Dan James, who was loaned to Shrewsbury in the season before Potter went to Swansea and didn't manage to make a single appearance. James' blistering pace was integral to how Swansea played and especially apparent in their near upset vs Man City.

Do we think Potter will ever go back to a winger based formation? Is it simply a case of the players we have available at the moment? It's all a bit confusing to me but I'd love to see an out and out winger play in place of one of the attacking mids, ie Gross and/or Mooy. Nice to know that Potter has a lot of tricks up his sleeve at least. The opposite of a one trick pony, if sometimes a little perplexing.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I really don't understand why Jahanbakhsh has been so rarely used. I genuinely thought he'd turned a corner in December/January, not only his goals but his all round play seemed much better. A lot have suggested that this is because Potter doesn't play wingers, however this has always been weird to me as he single handedly created Dan James, who was loaned to Shrewsbury in the season before Potter went to Swansea and didn't manage to make a single appearance. James' blistering pace was integral to how Swansea played and especially apparent in their near upset vs Man City.

Do we think Potter will ever go back to a winger based formation? Is it simply a case of the players we have available at the moment? It's all a bit confusing to me but I'd love to see an out and out winger play in place of one of the attacking mids, ie Gross and/or Mooy. Nice to know that Potter has a lot of tricks up his sleeve at least. The opposite of a one trick pony, if sometimes a little perplexing.

For me, he doesn't have the pace to be a winger in this league and doesn't have the touch to adapt to play in a Potter team. His goals were ace and he's clearly a nice bloke but I think it's time to move on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can never have too many players from that ever-crappy Dutch walking football league eh? :rolleyes:

The Eredivisie is a big fat lottery. You got a fair share of Van Persies, van Nistelrooys, van Dijks etc, but also a bunch of van Wolfswinkels, Locadias and Narsinghs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

That might be the clue? I'm as perplexed as you because clearly there is a good footballer there trying to get out. I wonder if AJ is just too slow to implement the plans that Potter has for our midfield.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Locadia and Ali J = Double Dutch Disaster. Enough already.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
For me, he doesn't have the pace to be a winger in this league and doesn't have the touch to adapt to play in a Potter team. His goals were ace and he's clearly a nice bloke but I think it's time to move on.

He only made a few starts for Potter though? (Statto or someone can probably confirm)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Erm. Don't like to be negative about players I've never seen in action but this doesn't sound a very good deal, unless we've given up hope of getting any money for Ali J. Maybe then a swap could at least cut the wage bill? But that would seem weird and unlikely. Feel a bit sorry for Ali J who didn't fit Hughton's style at all. Very hard to settle after that - always wondered if there's a better player in there than we've seen. Don't think we could ever fault his effort so, wherever he ends up, hope it works out for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here