Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zakaria Labyad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After a roller-coaster season due to his injuries, Moroccan attacking midfielder Zakaria Labyad could leave Ajax Amsterdam and return to the Premier League this summer. Indeed, the Dutch club would like to include the 27-year-old as part of a trade.

According to the sports daily Marca, Ajax want to enlist Iranian international striker Alireza Jahanbakhsh and allegedly proposed Labyad to Brighton. the Moroccan striker is thus used as a bargaining chip to attract another.

The former Fulham player could then return to the English championship 4 years after joining the Netherlands. This season, Labyad has only participated in 2 matches in Eredivisie (1 goal and 1 assist) and 1 in the Champions League. He joined Ajax from Utrecht in June 2018, for a sum of 6 million euros.

https://www.afriquesports.net/mercato/mercato-zakaria-labyad-vers-un-retour-en-premier-league

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
Very simple... not good enough. Too slow as a winger. Often goes for his own chances. Played for my hometown club a while, scored some Nices goals but when you shoot on target few times every match, ignoring your team members, you’ll score a few goals for a team like Vitesse.

It’s a downgraded AJ

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Very simple... not good enough. Too slow as a winger. Often goes for his own chances. Played for my hometown club a while, scored some Nices goals but when you shoot on target few times every match, ignoring your team members, you’ll score a few goals for a team like Vitesse.

It’s a downgraded AJ

tbh, that's exactly how he kinda looks in that Ajax vid. Unless our manager specifically wants him? Not sure why we would.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sounds like a great deal [emoji23]. Ajax must think we were born yesterday

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He looks a million times better than AJ. Much quicker feet and generally much sharper. Looks very similar to Hazard in style and strengths. I'm not saying he's as good but he could be a great option to have. We're not rich with skillful dribbling type attackers. These are the players who can make all the difference when you're playing against a team with every man behind the ball.
Looks good and could be cheap.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I remember when Labyad was the no 1 hype in Holland, "even more talented than Afellay". Infinitely talented but very turbulent career. In a potential swap for Ali J, Ajax should be the ones paying a few million euros.

That said, dont think its going to happen - Marca is not a very reliable source.

4d0c12d2ccf625b52ad003831358e21a.png

Oh dear, this positions played map has Potter written all over it.

Not really, according to a lot of people here Potter doesnt use wingers.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent!! Re-enforces our well earned reputation for recruiting quality from the Dutch league???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here