Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would this be a good window?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
It would however March is a key squad player shouldn't sell. Maitland Niles is not a left wing back he's a central midfielder converted to a right or left winger converted again to a right back/ right wing back.

We need a propper Left Back, and personally Maitland Niles would be brilliant for us. A new striker would be nice but not essential. I think Maupay will be better next season, Connolly is young but looks promising and Murray is always a good option. If we can get a decent forward great if not a left back and Maitland Niles would be a great window for me especially if we get rid of some of the players who haven't been good enough.

It's all about the new striker, always was, always is.???

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I can see a few players leaving the club this window, we have too many players and we may as well raise funds and invest them elsewhere. So here is what I think could be a dramatic but realistic window for us (we’d end up with a profit).

Out: [total = £62m/£77m + loan fees]
Steele/Button - Free
Duffy - £10m
Montoya - £5m
Bernardo - £7m
Groß - £5m/£10m
March - £10m/£15m
Jahanbakhsh - £10m (swap deal with Ajax??)
Clarke - Loan
Baluta - Loan
U23s out on loan
Andone & Izquierdo to come back or sold in Jan - £10m (not included in total)

In: [Total £41m/£50m]
Lallana - Free
Veltman - £900k
New ST (Watkins/Edouard?) - £21/£30m
New LWB (Mainland-Niles?) - £20m

This seriously reduces squad numbers but look at the depth we’d have (I’ve used AMN and Watkins here for the sake of argument but fully aware neither may join).

GK - Ryan, Walton, Steele/Button
CB - Dunk, Webster, White, Burn, Veltman
RB - Lamptey, Veltman
RWB - Lamptey, Veltman, Alzate, AMN
LB - AMN, Burn
LWB - AMN, Burn, Alzate
CM - Bissouma, Propper, Lallana, Mooy, Stephens, Alzate
AM - Trossard, Mac Allister, Alzate
LW - Trossard, AMN, Mac Allister (Potter doesn’t really play with wingers)
RW - Alzate, Mooy, Mac Allister (Potter doesn’t really play with wingers)
ST - Maupay, Watkins, Connolly, Murray

We’d free up so much in wages and go into the first half of the season in the green from transfer fees, we’d still have a ridiculous amount of depth (maybe not on the wings but we have formations to avoid that if it comes to it). This to me is progress, it might be all a bit to fast and affect the dynamic but we have a young ambitious squad there with a fair amount of PL experience. If it doesn’t work we can spend our profit whilst the window is still open after the first 3 games of the season.

What are your thoughts, would this be a good window?

Can I join you in Covid19 free Cloud Cuckoo Land ??

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
He also has very high creation stats in open play. I really do think people will miss him and realise what he brings if he goes.

Where can I find Gross's creation from open play stats? Thank you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where can I find Gross's creation from open play stats? Thank you.

0jcg88wqceg51.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here