Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Air conditioning.Have you got it?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who needs air conditioning? if it's hot open the window? if it's cold close it again? thats how it's worked since I was a kid.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Funnily enough I was just talking about this with my friend. Telling her how not many people in the UK have air conditioning.

I do have it here but I've barely used it until this year. Now I'm working from home I find myself turning it on when we have the really hot and humid days. I find it most useful to put on for a couple of hours before going to bed, otherwise it's a struggle to sleep.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, I have my Morrison's £3.99 usb plug in fan and have been extravagant and purchased a similar but more powerful one from Amazon which was £14.99.

Ye I had a cheapo usb one for my bedroom that gave up the ghost two weeks ago...like u I bought another one from Amazon for that price...it moves the hot air around nicely

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
No only a mismatched set of fans. Never really thought ahead on this one, so all previous fans accumulated have been during crazy summer days, meaning they were last turkey in the shop type purchases.

Cluedo:
On the covers, in the buff with the fan

I hope you don’t have a high bed if it is a ceiling fan!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Had it in the bedroom up until this morning. Don’t have it now. I’ve moved. Not looking forward to tonight.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We've owned a mobile, out of the window type for absolutely years now. Cost just over a hundred quid when we bought it........probably the best hundred quid we've spent.
However, go out of the bedroom for a slash during the night and it's like walking into a furnace! I think we'll get another one for the hallway, or the bathroom

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
But it also say's not the real pontypool?

It also says the one with the zombies. I guess you haven't seen the film.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Here in Germany it’s always a lot worse every year. I have a 400e portable air con unit. Turns bedroom into 17c in around 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I live in Jakarta, Indonesia most of the time and have two split level AC units needed especially for sleeping in the tropical humidity. One is a Samsung (pretty good) and the other a Daikin (excellent).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here