Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Air conditioning.Have you got it?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No only a mismatched set of fans. Never really thought ahead on this one, so all previous fans accumulated have been during crazy summer days, meaning they were last turkey in the shop type purchases.

Cluedo:
On the covers, in the buff with the fan

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We’ve got portables in 3 rooms, that each have a long trunk hose out of a window. About £280 each. Absolute godsend in this heat.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've got one in the bedroom, about £300 from Screwfix and possibly the best £300 I've ever spent. It helps me chill out whilst I'm worrying about global warming too.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Got it in my car but not sure that the neighbors would be impressed with the engine running as it is a trifle noisy. Maybe a good time to go electric.......

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Got 2 units with hoses out the window. As a tip, I have sellotaped a plastic sheet to the open window, and cut a cross in the plastic to poke the hose through. Means you don't get unwanted heat coming in the open windows to maximise the benefit

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yep, global warming is getting worse / increasing, so let's all buy more aircon - that'll fix it.

Agreed I am a bad man. But I have traded in my twice yearly flights to Australia for a nasty 360bhp diesel Merc, and 3 aircon units. My maths might not be quite right, but I think on this score at least, I’m carbon neutral.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I was tempted to have a full system put in when I had the loft converted considering they had access to the ceiling space but didn't go ahead in the end. I've contemplated getting a couple of things similar to these fitted to the bedrooms downstairs as they've got external walls but I'd need something different for the lounge as that doesn't have an external wall, just the conservatory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here