Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion finally ditch premium phone numbers to call club

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its taken em a while but they've finally removed the 0344, 0844 and 0845 numbers to contact the club .
Having to pay extra - especially via mobile plans - for routine customer service queries or advice or ticketing (and being put on hold) was out of step with most companies.
And unlike the Albion. So credit to them for finally making this change. Its now a normal 01273 number -so included for free in most people's mobile or landline plans.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1752157/new-central-phone-number-at-the-amex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As someone who was stung by this a couple of times through no fault of my own, I am glad they've finally acted on this. Belated well done Albion!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Its taken em a while but they've finally removed the 0344, 0844 and 0845 numbers to contact the club .
Having to pay extra - especially via mobile plans - for routine customer service queries or advice or ticketing (and being put on hold) was out of step with most companies.
And unlike the Albion. So credit to them for finally making this change. Its now a normal 01273 number -so included for free in most people's mobile or landline plans.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1752157/new-central-phone-number-at-the-amex

Excellent. Used to hack me off - especially as I’d only phone when the online service wasn’t working properly. Paying extra to sort out a problem their end was very irritating.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Excellent. Used to hack me off - especially as I’d only phone when the online service wasn’t working properly. Paying extra to sort out a problem their end was very irritating.

This. Very pleased.

We shouldn’t underestimate the significance of this decision: the club has seen a massive drop in revenue without an equivalent drop in costs. Doing this will further worsen the P&L, both in pound notes no longer being received, and (probably more importantly) a drop in staff productivity as some fans will call for very little reason (they could do it online, but choose to call now its free/very low cost).

It’s incumbent on us to not call unless we have to - continuing to use t’internet where we can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here