Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Train derailment in Scotland

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now saying a number of serious injuries.

Seems to have been a 4 carriage train, derailed after coming in contact with a landslip on the line.

Looks bad

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is that the Harry Potter line ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Awful news and hopefully there are minimal injuries. Sounds like it may have gone down the side of an embankment :(

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The excited coverage on Sky News is appalling. They're working very hard to demonise themselves this week, with their disgraceful coverage of the refugees and now this.

Show some respect and some decency rather than chasing a story because everyone is bored of their wall to wall Corona scaremongering.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
1 dead according to a couple of news outlets, at least 1 reporting it being the driver.

I've also heard it stopped due to coming across a landslip so it was turned back to head back towards Aberdeen where it hit a 2nd one, I've not seen that confirmed anywhere but from some of my colleagues who have no reason to BS.

My thoughts are with everyone involved.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Used to do that line several times a month for several years, when I lived in Edinburgh and our company had offices in Glasgow and Aberdeen. Very sad.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Some photos doing the rounds already, I won't post them out of respect of the situation but it looks a state. 6 car HST from what I gather.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The excited coverage on Sky News is appalling. They're working very hard to demonise themselves this week, with their disgraceful coverage of the refugees and now this.

Show some respect and some decency rather than chasing a story because everyone is bored of their wall to wall Corona scaremongering.

What are you on about.

The first major UK rail incident for over 10 years, you would expect them to cover the incident.

They have been clear that the report of one death is unconfirmed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Now reporting 2 deaths. There were only 12 people in total on the train apparently. Suppose it’s fortunate train usage remains low numbers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Some photos doing the rounds already, I won't post them out of respect of the situation but it looks a state. 6 car HST from what I gather.

The pictures are not pleasant viewing, as they give a clear indication of the horrors involved.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The pictures are not pleasant viewing, as they give a clear indication of the horrors involved.

Indeed. I fear not just for the people on board (very few thankfully, by all accounts) and everyone aiding in the recovery. I come from a railway family and i've heard many a story about things, so i don't envy any of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here