Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So has a separate subforum for racism,antisemitism, homophobia and Nazism worked ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe if we just keep banning the threads that cause Antisemitism, Racism, Homophobia, Holocaust denial and Nazi apologism it will work. I'm sure it's because I'm old and have rose tinted glasses, but I thought I remembered when the posters were actually responsible for what they posted and it wasn't the threads that obviously lulled the poor same innocents, time and time again, into making Anti-semitist, Racist, Homophobic, Holocaust denying and Nazi apologist posts. When posters rather than threads were banned.

The poor loves :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There's no anti Semitism here, or in fact anywhere, except the Labour Party according to most posters.

D

Deleted member 22389

Maybe if we just keep banning the threads that cause Antisemitism, Racism, Homophobia, Holocaust denial and Nazi apologism it will work. I'm sure it's because I'm old and have rose tinted glasses, but I thought I remembered when the posters were actually responsible for what they posted and it wasn't the threads that obviously lulled the poor same innocents, time and time again, into making Anti-semitist, Racist, Homophobic, Holocaust denying and Nazi apologist posts. When posters rather than threads were banned.

Bye. And stop calling people stupid.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Ah the weekly WZ will no doubt get put back in his box by a moderator or board owner thread, tick tock....

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

It's pretty grim. I enjoy a good verbal sparring on here as much as the bigots and conspiracy theorists but this chamber of horrors really doesn't do NSC any favours. The wrong uns generally got called out more often above deck, but down here they can wallow in their own (bull)shit. That bullshit misinformation about Dawn Butler was beyond acceptable IMO. She's a woman who's offices have had bricks through the windows and is regularly abused by racists. And here on NSC an easily debunked conspiracy theory about her was being amplified and accepted. NSC is small fry to the facebooks of this world, but add up all the nscs in the world, spreading false information...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

You know what I think, I think you think too much.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It's pretty grim. I enjoy a good verbal sparring on here as much as the bigots and conspiracy theorists but this chamber of horrors really doesn't do NSC any favours. The wrong uns generally got called out more often above deck, but down here they can wallow in their own (bull)shit. That bullshit misinformation about Dawn Butler was beyond acceptable IMO. She's a woman who's offices have had bricks through the windows and is regularly abused by racists. And here on NSC an easily debunked conspiracy theory about her was being amplified and accepted. NSC is small fry to the facebooks of this world, but add up all the nscs in the world, spreading false information...

[emoji2359]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The vast majority of users come on NSC for Albion, other football, music, other interests and for help.

They can now do just that, avoiding racist propaganda and the tiny bunch of non-influencers obsessed with party politics. Safe in the knowledge that NSC’s anti racists are on the ball from waking to bedtime, fighting the good cause.

The Bear Pit, Twatter, Facebook and newspaper comments sections all continue to provide platforms for the venting of spleens.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
See, this is just another thread full of the same old people with the same old grievances. And people wonder why the Bear Pit criteria state

"Typically these threads are politically-focused and involve a small group of people getting angry with each other, whilst absolutely no-one will attempt to see the other side, nor change their perspective."

And that's what we already have here:

Bye. And stop calling people stupid.

Maybe what we really need is a new sub forum, the sanctimonious sanctuary.

Ah the weekly WZ will no doubt get put back in his box by a moderator or board owner thread, tick tock....

[emoji2359]

(although I'm assuming regarding the last one, as the poster appears to be too stupid to get whatever's on his phone out onto NSC. So I'm going to assume it was a dull Britain First meme that's been doing the rounds on whatsapp, since that's all he posts)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
See, this is just another thread full of the same old people with the same old grievances. And people wonder why the Bear Pit criteria state

"Typically these threads are politically-focused and involve a small group of people getting angry with each other, whilst absolutely no-one will attempt to see the other side, nor change their perspective."

(although I'm assuming regarding the last one, as the poster appears to be too stupid to get whatever's on his phone out onto NSC. So I'm going to assume it was a dull Britain First meme that's been doing the rounds on whatsapp, since that's all he posts)

It's a bit of a shame that politics threads need to be exiled from the main board since politics has at least as much to do with the Albion as, say, music. Perhaps I am in a minority but there was much that was good about the Brexit thread - it contained many carefully researched and considered opinions and debating points, on both sides of the argument (particularly in the early days). Compared to other club forums on the subject it was something to be quite proud of.

The problem course is that some people resorted, very fast, to base name-calling and silly insults. However hard you try, it's sometimes difficult to avoid calling people rude names, as perhaps your post shows.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

No more face palming eh?...
Where will it all end? Will you be round later to burn my book collection?..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No more face palming eh?...
Where will it all end? Will you be round later to burn my book collection?..

I don't think a couple of Peter and Jane books and some sticky back copies of Razzle will be worth the hassle.

Jan 30, 2008
The vast majority of users come on NSC for Albion, other football, music, other interests and for help.

They can now do just that, avoiding racist propaganda and the tiny bunch of non-influencers obsessed with party politics. Safe in the knowledge that NSC’s anti racists are on the ball from waking to bedtime, fighting the good cause.

The Bear Pit, Twatter, Facebook and newspaper comments sections all continue to provide platforms for the venting of spleens.

Blame the media I say ,everyone likes to drop into the pit for a sneak preview now and again
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here