Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Exam results

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who’s caught up in this row?

Anyone on here, or their children, had their final results down graded from their predicted?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does this mean we are going to be denied the annual pictures of 17-year old blonde triplets jumping in the air holding bits of paper? :down:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
My twin boys should get their BTEC results on Thursday, and depends on what they get to determine if and which university they each get into.

My mum (their grandma) died this morning so keeping it from them until after the results to ensure less for them to think about - sure they are worried enough (albeit quietly keeping it to themselves) without knowing about that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Daughter's A Level results out on Thursday. Uni place riding on her getting what they predicted. Could be a tricky day if they don't come through.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My grandson awaits his GCSE results next week. He wants to go to Reigate Sixth form college in September.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My twin boys should get their BTEC results on Thursday, and depends on what they get to determine if and which university they each get into.

My mum (their grandma) died this morning so keeping it from them until after the results to ensure less for them to think about - sure they are worried enough (albeit quietly keeping it to themselves) without knowing about that.

I'm sorry to read that. Please accept my condolences and I hope your boys get the results they want.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s a Scottish story at present (I think). Similar fiasco likely/possible in England but results not out yet.

Okay. When do the GCSE results get formally released in the U.K. then?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

RIP dolphins mum, fingers crossed for the boys:down::salute:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’m very sorry to hear this. Hopefully you’ll have some good news very shortly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That is properly shit. Very sorry for your loss. Fingers crossed your lads ace it.

Oldest is awaiting A level results. Unlike nearly all her friends she is having a gap year and wants to do some travelling (funded by her being very careful with money and extra hours behind the tills of her Saturday job) and is currently trying to set up her own little cake baking sideline. Fairly confident regarding her results as she has worked hard and she is now even questioning if she really wants to go to Uni. Youngest is awaiting her first year college results and is in a state of general indifference to these and education generally.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A levels this Thursday (13th) and GCSEs on the 20th.
What happened in Germany ? Did they also cancel exams ?

They were cancelled here as well. The wife teaches at an international school which is quasi-outside the German state system and they use Cambridge for their GCSE’s, and there’s massive controversy over the way they have allocating the grades. If what I heard earlier is true, its quite unbelievable how they have done it.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Daughter waiting for her A Levels. Predicted grades are A*/A’s and she needs B’s (nursing) so should hopefully be ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Daughter's A Level results out on Thursday. Uni place riding on her getting what they predicted. Could be a tricky day if they don't come through.

I thought all Unis have been advised to hold places even if grades not good enough dependant on appeals ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here