Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rico Henry

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
FINALLY a crumb of news on a left back / left wing back.

His highlights reel looks pretty good...although I probably just like the Black Eyed Peas.

Looks fast and can dribble.

Based on what Lamptey brought to the team, I see this as the most important position that needs a quality upgrade.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Oooh i like this fella, i remember us wanting to sign him when he was at Walsall. I'd be well happy with this.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yes from me, but surprised many aren’t rating Dan Burn. He’s made the LB role his own, hugely impressive last season.

Depends if we end up playing 3 at the back a lot more as well. Not sure Burn would be a LWB but still a very good option as a LB

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Depends if we end up playing 3 at the back a lot more as well. Not sure he would be a LWB but still a very good option as a LB

That’s a good shout actually.

Watching the above highlights the lad has got incredible pace. Him and Lamptey on each side could be frightening for the opposition.

Interestingly Leeds lot already putting Rico in their line ups with Koch etc. Don’t know if they’ve heard an inside scoop.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Depends if we end up playing 3 at the back a lot more as well. Not sure Burn would be a LWB but still a very good option as a LB

Exactly. A left sided, left footed Lamptey-type in the LWB position with three at the back.
I think that's definitely what Potter prefers.

Really important position to fill. And probably our biggest opportunity to upgrade.

I wonder if Cochrane will make the senior squad this year. Hope he plays tomorrow so I can take a look.

A part of me still holds out hope for Bernardo. He shows flashes of being decent.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes from me, but surprised many aren’t rating Dan Burn. He’s made the LB role his own, hugely impressive last season.

I rate Burn as a LB

I don’t rate Burn as a LWB

If we play 4 at the back I’ve no problem with Burn being that selection. But if we are going to play with 3 CB and therefore with wingbacks Dan Burn isn’t that player

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Do we stand any chance if we’re battling with two such behemoths like Leeds and Villa? Probably best if we just walk away now, save any embarrassment for our tiny, irrelevant relegation certainties.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Positionally he’s a CB playing LB IMO.
Hugely impressive is very generous, did what was expected had some good games, but also some poor ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do we stand any chance if we’re battling with two such behemoths like Leeds and Villa? Probably best if we just walk away now, save any embarrassment for our tiny, irrelevant relegation certainties.

True, when even our contracted players are Leeds through and through. We should know our place, and it’s scrabbling around for the crumbs that the big boys drop.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Smith sniffing around players he managed at Brentford.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

This may be a controversial opinion, but I think Dan Burn has been exceptional at LB.

In fact, I think Dan Burn has been almost as reliable, skillful and productive at Left Back as Bruno was at Right Back.

No joke.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This may be a controversial opinion, but I think Dan Burn has been exceptional at LB.

In fact, I think Dan Burn has been almost as reliable, skillful and productive at Left Back as Bruno was at Right Back.

No joke.

At some point GPott will launch Dan Burn up front. Such a good footballer (for a VERY big man).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well we are in for him, and Rico Henry would be a massive signing for us IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This is the sort of signing I want us to be making.... hope we get him.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Thus is the LB I would love us to sign. Always looked class and with pace to burn. With Burn would give us excellent options at LB depending on the system and opponent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here