Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rico Henry

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think I mentioned before that I very much rate Rico, having watched him a few times on the box. However, their manager is adamant he isn’t leaving, and LEB is 2nd priority IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I think I mentioned before that I very much rate Rico, having watched him a few times on the box. However, their manager is adamant he isn’t leaving, and LEB is 2nd priority IMHO.

As i said "your posts very interesting and informative." I didn't know that about Henry.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
He's been benched today against Southampton in the EFL Cup.

Rumours that Villa are interested...

Interestingly Southampton are 2:0 down at home as I write this, and they are fielding what looks like a serious team!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not good enough definitely nowhere near Lamptey levels.

I agree in terms of not near Lamptey but I think you need to lower your expectation levels if you are expecting that - not sure a player exists at the moment at LWB...!

Still convinced we need a really high level LWB - competition for Solly who’s done really well so far - fingers crossed!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I agree in terms of not near Lamptey but I think you need to lower your expectation levels if you are expecting that - not sure a player exists at the moment at LWB...!

Still convinced we need a really high level LWB - competition for Solly who’s done really well so far - fingers crossed!

Sessegnon

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sessegnon

I literally just mentioned him on another thread. Yes fecking please. Loan deal - with option to buy if poss - do it do it do it - I’ll be made up if that one happens. But again, we were linked once and nothing since...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I like Rico Henry but I believe we should be setting the bar so high. We offer so much as a club and a location to live your life.

Ryan Sessegnon is absolutely the man we should be go and get. Rico Henry has always struck me as being a very good player but Sessegnon was exceptional in the Championship with potential to improve substantially. Henry is a top Championship left back but probably isn't going to get all that much better.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Not good enough definitely nowhere near Lamptey levels.

If you're looking at Lamptey levels, we won't sign a LWB this window IMO. He was an unbelievable signing, and the level we should be aiming at, but actually I'm happy to sign someone with the potential to get to Lamptey's level because I genuinely have faith that, if the potential is there, Potter will realise it.

If Rico Henry (or whoever) is deemed to have the potential to get close to Lamptey, that's good enough for me.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you're looking at Lamptey levels, we won't sign a LWB this window IMO. He was an unbelievable signing, and the level we should be aiming at, but actually I'm happy to sign someone with the potential to get to Lamptey's level because I genuinely have faith that, if the potential is there, Potter will realise it.

If Rico Henry (or whoever) is deemed to have the potential to get close to Lamptey, that's good enough for me.

I would think that after watching Lamptey 19 other clubs are now searching for like minded players at the paltry price we paid for him. Chelsea are really kicking themselves with this one

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I would think that after watching Lamptey 19 other clubs are now searching for like minded players at the paltry price we paid for him. Chelsea are really kicking themselves with this one

Absolutely. Those same clubs also know that signing Lamptey himself would cost upwards of £30m now (and we're not inclined to sell, I'm sure) so for us to "sign a Lamptey" will likely cost us between £25m-£40m unless we strike gold again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here