Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rico Henry

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Why are we not interested? We could do with a left back who can attack well like Lamptey on the other side. He's been one of Brentford's best players consistently and is surely ready for the Premier League.

Sure he will be expensive but if we sell White, that's where I'd be looking to strengthen. Opinions..

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Who says we're not interested?
How do you know a lack of interest in him isn't because of interest in a better option?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why are we not interested? We could do with a left back who can attack well like Lamptey on the other side. He's been one of Brentford's best players consistently and is surely ready for the Premier League.

Sure he will be expensive but if we sell White, that's where I'd be looking to strengthen. Opinions..

Why not hang on to White and see what he can do at this level first?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He would be an interesting signing and we have brought in a couple of players from Championship clubs since Potter arrived.

To be fair, we don't know we're not interested. There are reports on Pedraza but quite often Albion spring a surprise and sign players without much talk of them joining (Veltman hadn't been mentioned anywhere before he joined as far as I know)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Sure he will be expensive but if we sell Bernardo, that's where I'd be looking to strengthen. Opinions..

Agreed.

I think we've looked into signing him before. Probably worth considering.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Fair point, just assumed we're not interest due to lack of speculation. I've seen him linked with Leeds and West Ham but not seen us mentioned anywhere despite the fact we could do with a left back.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Rico Henry would be on my list too. However, we know nothing of the guy as a person or underlying injuries etc etc he has been on the scene for a few years without getting the move his form appears to warrant so who knows? I'm sure he will be on the club's list too just maybe not top?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter appears to have no interest in Bernardo as a LWB and March’s performances in that position are not going to drive on us towards a top 10 finish.

Henry seems like a great option but Pedraza might be ahead in our thinking currently.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I would rather keep Ben White but we have a lot of quality in his position unless we can convert him to CDM or play a back three I don't see how he's more beneficial to us than the money we'd get for him especially if he wants to leave.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would rather keep Ben White but we have a lot of quality in his position unless we can convert him to CDM or play a back three I don't see how he's more beneficial to us than the money we'd get for him especially if he wants to leave.

I think we will play a back three (Webster, White and Dunk) at least some of the time. Lamptey is ideally suited to the right wing back role so we're probably looking for someone who can play left wing back as well as left back

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Name some better options.. I have absolutely no idea who we're looking at but transfer rumours linking him to teams around us and none mentioning us whatsoever is quite surprising considering that position needs addressing.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I think we will play a back three (Webster, White and Dunk) at least some of the time. Lamptey is ideally suited to the right wing back role so we're probably looking for someone who can play left wing back as well as left back

Completely agree perhaps Potter can get March into a decent wing back he done okay against Burnley. Still not convinced we'll keep White though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wouldnt mind. There's a general lack of quality left backs around atm.

I'm hoping for Ken Sema though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Name some better options.. I have absolutely no idea who we're looking at but transfer rumours linking him to teams around us and none mentioning us whatsoever is quite surprising considering that position needs addressing.

No idea if he's better but there's been a lot of talk on here about Alfonso Pedraza from Villareal. I imagine there are plenty of options available and the club will presumably have a range of targets.

Henry would be a decent option for me. Still very young and has had a good season. Only concern would be I think he's not got a great injury record. Looking at Wikipedia (I know it's not the perfect source), he's only made 87 appearances for Brentford in four seasons. Having said that, he played 51 times this season so hopefully he has got over any issues.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Completely agree perhaps Potter can get March into a decent wing back he done okay against Burnley. Still not convinced we'll keep White though.

I think March will be an option either side for wing back if needed but I expect we will sign a left back/left wing back.

Even if White is sold, we could still play three at the back with Veltman or Burn coming in

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Apart from #DeludedLeeds fans, who says he (White) wants to leave? He may well do but none of us know right now.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Possibly the reports he's declined two new contracts with us.. He just won the championship with Leeds and is now linked with Chelsea and Liverpool as well. I hope we keep him but at the same time we could use the money he left for to improve other areas.. It's a win win for us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here