Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rico Henry

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Goody another Ben White thread (masquerading as something else)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Completely agree perhaps Potter can get March into a decent wing back he done okay against Burnley. Still not convinced we'll keep White though.
I think March will be moved on- he has shown no improvement since we were promoted. He has a few good moments but not consistently enough if the club wants to break into the top 10. I hope I see this thread/post bounced at the end of the coming season when some of the top 6 clubs are battling each other for his signature.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Alfonso Pedraza is much more attack minded than defensive from what I've seen. Really good player but not convinced he even knows his best position. To be honest I hadn't seen much of Rico Henry before this season however he has been brilliant everytime I have watched Brentford play recently aside from when they got beat by Barnsley. Kind of reminds me of Wan Bissaka where you think you've got past him then he sort of claws the ball back plus he can actually whip a cross in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We looked at him, when he was at Walsall, innit

100% Correct

Was Highly rated then but weren't 100% sure he could make the step up and signed Bong who had experience playing at a higher level instead. Rico was playing in League 1 at the time and was still very young at thet point

Good a player as he is going forward, I think he would get roasted in the PL

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It wouldn't amaze me if we don't sign a LB or LWB. GP was keen to use Alzate there early in the season and I can see him competing with Solly and Dan Burn (but probably not Bernardo who I think will go) for the place.

Remember also that Cochrane was with the senior squad at the end of last season. I'm not betting against seeing him be involved with the first team this year.

I think there would have to be an option which is clearly significantly better than what we have in order to sign them and I'm not yet convinced there is.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Disagree entirely, Solly isn't perfect but he's versatile always tries is defensively solid and can get forward, scored some important goals for us. He has to stay even in my opinion even if he's not a starter. As for White time will tell, he could end up being awful in the prem.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It wouldn't amaze me if we don't sign a LB or LWB. GP was keen to use Alzate there early in the season and I can see him competing with Solly and Dan Burn (but probably not Bernardo who I think will go) for the place.

Remember also that Cochrane was with the senior squad at the end of last season. I'm not betting against seeing him be involved with the first team this year.

I think there would have to be an option which is clearly significantly better than what we have in order to sign them and I'm not yet convinced there is.

If we go in to next season with our options at LB being a centre back, a right midfielder and a central midfielder then something’s gone very wrong IMO.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fair point, just assumed we're not interest due to lack of speculation. I've seen him linked with Leeds and West Ham but not seen us mentioned anywhere despite the fact we could do with a left back.

95% of this is speculation. Speculation is a posh way of saying 'made up'.

Even the figure 95% is me speculating. But doubtless someone will be happy to quote it.

Think of a player ripe to move on, think of a couple of clubs and a fee. Write a convincing piece. Journalism is an easy trade this time of year.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes please.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You make him sound like a minor noble from the Holy Roman Empire

Could be worse. A noble minor of the flatlands....

A-Big-Name-For-The-Big-Games.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here