Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LWB candidates - Ryan Sessengon

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As fans yes, are the club, probably not, the recruitment team are very left field, no one saw Lallana or Veltman coming did they...

Yeah, they fit the bill as far as we can tell but who knows what the club are actually looking for or who they're looking at.

I miss the days when things got leaked. Much more fun for us as fans even if this is probably the better way to do business.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
IF he is available we would be mad not to get him in.

Solly was ok on Monday but he would be a massive upgrade.

Look at the effect a quick, young dynamic player has had on the other side of the pitch.

Sessegnon is a level up on both March & Lamptey when it comes to shooting and being in the right place at the right time in the box.

16 Championship goals in the 17/18 is an astounding return albeit in a slightly more advanced role.

https://youtu.be/211H5jCc1pI

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah, they fit the bill as far as we can tell but who knows what the club are actually looking for or who they're looking at.

I miss the days when things got leaked. Much more fun for us as fans even if this is probably the better way to do business.

I thought Lewis was a steal at 13 million and absolutely fit the bill. Not sure we were even linked with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I thought Lewis was a steal at 13 million and absolutely fit the bill. Not sure we were even linked with him.

Yeah, the only player I think we've been strongly linked with is Nunez. And even that seemed more like it was being used to pump the price up on Benfica. The rest it's one twitter account or a random newspaper report.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah, the only player I think we've been strongly linked with is Nunez. And even that seemed more like it was being used to pump the price up on Benfica. The rest it's one twitter account or a random newspaper report.

Apart from Bens Grandad’s scoop re: Lallana in January!

RIP

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Yep Newcastle signed the players to fill the key positions we need in a matter of days, The new boys have won them two games already annoyingly.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

No, Lamptey was a steal at £3m. Grand larceny, in fact,

£13m surely is the going rate for a fullback with a relegated team. Okay, he looked good running at a dreadful West ham defence on Saturday but I'd hope we could do better, and Sessegnon would definitely fit the bill there.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No, Lamptey was a steal at £3m. Grand larceny, in fact,

£13m surely is the going rate for a fullback with a relegated team. Okay, he looked good running at a dreadful West ham defence on Saturday but I'd hope we could do better, and Sessegnon would definitely fit the bill there.

Sessegnon cost a lot more didn’t he?
Re: Newcastle. What the hell
Is going on there? New Director of Football? Bruce given more clout?
Such an un-Newcastle window for them.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Solly created a brilliant chance in the early stages of the first half, which Maupay(?) put in the side netting.

He can do it. His balance and agility are world class! Genuine world class. He’s not completely well round rounded as a footballer, but he just needs to have confidence in himself to take players on. Sometimes his first thought is to go back to a midfielder, but he needs the balls to attack full backs and back himself.

Which he’s not doing.

Maybe it’s because he’s playing in the Premier League and he’s a little bit star struck, but he helped us get here, so he f*cking deserves to be here. He just needs a bit of arrogance about him to take players on and back himself. And do exactly what he did on Monday, beat a player or two along the byline, and create chances.

He can do it. He just...doesn’t seem confident. We need to sing his name when we get back on the stadium if he’s gonna be a regular at LWB. He needs to feel the confidence again.

Regardless of whether you, me or everyone else's rates March or not, if Sessengon is genuinely available and within our price range, then theres absolutely no debate about whether we should sign him. Sessengon is a much better player and would improve us immensely. That sounds a bit harsh on Solly, but I guess thats the reality of our situation. If a player becomes available who is better than what we've got, do we sign them or stay loyal to the players we have?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No disrespect to Webster, but a defence of Dunk, White, Veltman, Lamptey and Sessegnon would be beyond my wildest dreams.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Regardless of whether you, me or everyone else's rates March or not, if Sessengon is genuinely available and within our price range, then theres absolutely no debate about whether we should sign him. Sessengon is a much better player and would improve us immensely. That sounds a bit harsh on Solly, but I guess thats the reality of our situation. If a player becomes available who is better than what we've got, do we sign them or stay loyal to the players we have?

Exactly. We should always have one eye on improvement. Solly can definitely do an adequate job at LWB but there’s no room for misjudged loyalty here.
I think it’s the same with Ryan. Nobody is saying he isn’t a good keeper BUT if someone better comes along at the right price you have to get them in.
Clearly Sessegnon has huge potential, clearly Spurs don’t want him atm so let’s bloody go for him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No disrespect to Webster, but a defence of Dunk, White, Veltman, Lamptey and Sessegnon would be beyond my wildest dreams.

Harsh on Webster- you simply can’t say Veltman is better than Webster yet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Harsh on Webster- you simply can’t say Veltman is better than Webster yet.

You cant but I get the view.

If Veltman is this solid player that we are led to believe. Not flash , good on the ball and a bit of a rock who is consistantly a 7/10 + then he would compliment White and Dunk better than a good but can be erratic Webster.

No slant on Webster but I get the logic.

Sessegnon , Dunk / White / Webster or Veltman / Lamptey - that is not a relegation defence to me. That is potentially a well oiled machine

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Has there been anything to say we are working on this one? Or we’re just hoping?

Just hoping as far as I'm aware. I think it does look likely that Sessegnon will go out on loan once Spurs sign their new left-back but that is as far as it goes...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You cant but I get the view.

If Veltman is this solid player that we are led to believe. Not flash , good on the ball and a bit of a rock who is consistantly a 7/10 + then he would compliment White and Dunk better than a good but can be erratic Webster.

No slant on Webster but I get the logic.

Sessegnon , Dunk / White / Webster or Veltman / Lamptey - that is not a relegation defence to me. That is potentially a well oiled machine

Yeah that makes sense.
It’s top half. Top half defence, top half midfield, relegation attack. Sadly.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just hoping as far as I'm aware. I think it does look likely that Sessegnon will go out on loan once Spurs sign their new left-back but that is as far as it goes...

Yeah the story goes that Mourinho wants two full backs- one more defensive minded and one more attacking. What’s wrong with Rose and young Ryan I’m not sure. The defensive player is Davies. The Spaniard looks set to be the attacking option. So unless they see Sessegnon further up the field he is a long way off the first team there. Weirdly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here