Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LWB candidates - Ryan Sessengon

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Whilst Sessegnon is a talent and a player I would love to have at the club, I really don't think this should be a priority at this financially tight time. I have every confidence in Solly to make that position his own and continue to perform really well as he did on Monday. If he doesn't produce in the next few games then we've still got time to bring someone in this window if necessary but I hope Solly is given till January to fully prove himself in that role.

Whilst I'm not one of those having a breakdown about not signing a striker, it is clear that that is the area we are weakest and any budget we have remaining should be focused on that.

if Bernardo goes for example though... we have no other option there.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I want this one to happen big time. loan with option to buy. Hes affordable in my opinion.

Whilst a loan is the obvious deal, an option to buy is an absolute must as I’m sure the days of developing other team’s players is gone.

This would be an astonishing signing if we could pull it off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Spurs get Reguilon and they have Ben Davies as back-up then Sessegnon has to go out on loan, surely? If push comes to shove they can always play Bale at LB, back where he started for them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Whilst Sessegnon is a talent and a player I would love to have at the club, I really don't think this should be a priority at this financially tight time. I have every confidence in Solly to make that position his own and continue to perform really well as he did on Monday. If he doesn't produce in the next few games then we've still got time to bring someone in this window if necessary but I hope Solly is given till January to fully prove himself in that role.

Whilst I'm not one of those having a breakdown about not signing a striker, it is clear that that is the area we are weakest and any budget we have remaining should be focused on that.

I’m with you. I think Solly was one of our best players against Chelsea

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
:shrug: And your point ???

I may be being presumptuous but I believe the point is that some people see what they want to see, instead of what is, perhaps, objectively true. I could be off the mark though so... :shrug:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Ran a lot created zero goal scoring chances, Lamptey created four.

Solly created a brilliant chance in the early stages of the first half, which Maupay(?) put in the side netting.

He can do it. His balance and agility are world class! Genuine world class. He’s not completely well round rounded as a footballer, but he just needs to have confidence in himself to take players on. Sometimes his first thought is to go back to a midfielder, but he needs the balls to attack full backs and back himself.

Which he’s not doing.

Maybe it’s because he’s playing in the Premier League and he’s a little bit star struck, but he helped us get here, so he f*cking deserves to be here. He just needs a bit of arrogance about him to take players on and back himself. And do exactly what he did on Monday, beat a player or two along the byline, and create chances.

He can do it. He just...doesn’t seem confident. We need to sing his name when we get back on the stadium if he’s gonna be a regular at LWB. He needs to feel the confidence again.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Solly created a brilliant chance in the early stages of the first half, which Maupay(?) put in the side netting.

He can do it. His balance and agility are world class! Genuine world class. He’s not completely well round rounded as a footballer, but he just needs to have confidence in himself to take players on. Sometimes his first thought is to go back to a midfielder, but he needs the balls to attack full backs and back himself.

Which he’s not doing.

Maybe it’s because he’s playing in the Premier League and he’s a little bit star struck, but he helped us get here, so he f*cking deserves to be here. He just needs a bit of arrogance about him to take players on and back himself. And do exactly what he did on Monday, beat a player or two along the byline, and create chances.

He can do it. He just...doesn’t seem confident. We need to sing his name when we get back on the stadium if he’s gonna be a regular at LWB. He needs to feel the confidence again.

I’ve been saying for the last year or so , Solly has to look at the LWB position, he’s not a winger .

He did pretty well against Chelsea , but what you saw is his limit . It was good , ok .

If we want to progress we need an upgrade as a starter . I think Solly would be fine as back up and utility sub , but that’s all he is I’m afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just disproving your biased view with facts. Both played very well.
Another fans opinion on a player is now always biased in your view? Ok then, I’m throwing in the towel and can’t be arsed mentioning March again and his not so good stats since he’s been at the club for an attacking wide player. If you think that’s good enough at this level then so be it.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’ve been saying for the last year or so , Solly has to look at the LWB position, he’s not a winger .

He did pretty well against Chelsea , but what you saw is his limit . It was good , ok .

If we want to progress we need an upgrade as a starter . I think Solly would be fine as back up and utility sub , but that’s all he is I’m afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he’s about adequate and no more but sadly we need above adequate to progress.

One thing I noticed was that running at players from deep [half way or just over] he rightly had the confidence to take on his man and try to get on the overlap.

Yet play him the ball in the final third with maybe 20 yards to run into, beat his man and get a cross in and he won’t do it. He traps the ball, stops and goes backwards/sideways a la under Hughton.

He’s got the pace and skill just as ever a lack of self belief.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
IF he is available we would be mad not to get him in.

Solly was ok on Monday but he would be a massive upgrade.

Look at the effect a quick, young dynamic player has had on the other side of the pitch.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sessegnon would be a fantastic signing and give us great balance.

I hope we are going all out for this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here