Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LWB candidates - Ryan Sessengon

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Him being reluctant to use young players is not a myth. Of course I was exaggerating a bit but he clearly values experience more than a lot of other managers.

Most managers prefer experience Mixed in.

Last season quite a few younger players got debuts under Jose/played.

Can’t see that changing this season.

But back to the point

Levy will want every penny back
Spurs have a HG issue
Jose rates him
His first season was injury hit

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But back to the point

Levy will want every penny back
Spurs have a HG issue
Jose rates him
His first season was injury hit

He was injury free from January onwards, unused sub for Mourinho in all games except for five where he didnt make it to the match squad...

Agree it still unlikely though

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We’d never get him, but he’d be a player I’d be willing to throw 25/30 million at.

Still so young and so much potential, in a position we really need filled.

One can dream.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A loan move really isn’t out of the question here. Spurs won’t see us as a rival and it gives him prem experience. That’s what Celtic are after...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It’s back on!

Potter’s mission to mirror the left side of our defence with our right could be hotting up!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...n-sessegnon-celtic-transfer-interest-22561174

“And now the Athletic report that the Hoops, AC Milan, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Brighton and Newcastle have contacted Spurs over a potential deal.”

Not seen the Athletic story but Ryan has hopefully seen what has happened young Tariq’s stalled career since his change of team. Sessegnon seems the complete antithesis of a Mourinho player, is Potter the manager to reignite this promising players fortunes having been dulled by Spurs.

https://youtu.be/7-bMfp4pjjE

(This is the welcome to Barca version, can’t find the Brighton one yet).

The Daily Record report is misleading, given that the Athletic makes it clear that the current plan is for Sessegnon to spend the season at Spurs - Mourinho ready to give Sessegnon chance to progress from curious first year

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A loan move really isn’t out of the question here. Spurs won’t see us as a rival and it gives him prem experience. That’s what Celtic are after...

I think - the plan is to have 2 sets of full backs that include one more attacking and more more defensive

So at LB he has Davies and Sess

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don’t see the value in loaning him tbh.

As much as I rate him I think this one won’t happen. Levy will charge premium £££. Not our style of transfer.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Don’t see the value in loaning him tbh.

As much as I rate him I think this one won’t happen. Levy will charge premium £££. Not our style of transfer.

Saints recently bought Kyle Walker Peters for £15 from Spurs after a successful loan and that fee doesn’t sound unreasonable.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Saints recently bought Kyle Walker Peters for £15 from Spurs after a successful loan and that fee doesn’t sound unreasonable.

But KWP came through the youth team and at the same time saints sold Hojberg to Spurs. Unfortunately Spurs paid 25million for Sessegnon a year ago. Levy won't want to make a 10million loss.

I'd love us to get him but if we do he won't be coming cheap(unless it's a loan).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no way he'd leave such a progressive, forward thinking, positive manager like Jose for the likes of GPott.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst Sessegnon is a talent and a player I would love to have at the club, I really don't think this should be a priority at this financially tight time. I have every confidence in Solly to make that position his own and continue to perform really well as he did on Monday. If he doesn't produce in the next few games then we've still got time to bring someone in this window if necessary but I hope Solly is given till January to fully prove himself in that role.

Whilst I'm not one of those having a breakdown about not signing a striker, it is clear that that is the area we are weakest and any budget we have remaining should be focused on that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here