Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LWB candidates - Ryan Sessengon

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Still wouldn’t be happy with a loan. Needs to be buy or loan to buy.

Solly was immense on Saturday. Feel he’s being slightly disrespected here. I think he’s perfect in his new attacking LWB role.

How is he being disrespected?

How is this situation any different to the club bringing Veltman in or Lallana?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Only one flaw in that plan that I can see - Solly staying at the top of his game? Yes he played well on Saturday but consistency has always been his problem yet everyone suddenly seems to think he’s going to play like that or better week in week out now!

More chance he will if Bernado isnt the competition

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sorry I meant an option to buy rather than a compulsory purchase, although compulsory if we stayed up wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Signing a LWB is about as far down the list of
Club priorities as it's possible to get. Sake! :rolleyes:

Would love to know what that’s based on as couldn’t disagree more? I’d say striker and LWB have been the clear additions we need from the end of last season. March has done well, but we need depth and competition in all areas - 2 players per position who are of a decent standard. Lamptey esq player on the left is so, so key for me.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I'm on the fence. March has been quality so don't think Sessengon will be able to displace him unless injury or suspension. However, he would offer fantastic competition and could be used in the front 3. Scored a lot of goals for Fulham and clearly very attack minded. If we get him in great if we don't nevermind.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm on the fence. March has been quality so don't think Sessengon will be able to displace him unless injury or suspension. However, he would offer fantastic competition and could be used in the front 3. Scored a lot of goals for Fulham and clearly very attack minded. If we get him in great if we don't nevermind.

Exactly

I suggested pre season that March should be tried as a LWB and he has done well.

However we do not sufficient cover at LWB (LB we do) and both he and Sessegnon can play a number of positions so gives us multiple options.

Personally I would prioritise over another “big name” striker as think we have enough if we could only have one or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
How is he being disrespected?

How is this situation any different to the club bringing Veltman in or Lallana?

Specifically I agree it’s good to have cover.

But I think in general Solly is quite underrated here. He’s been incredible since he’s moved to LWB. Feels like he’s come of age.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So with Sess, James and Brewster tipped for loans something has to give?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Specifically I agree it’s good to have cover.

But I think in general Solly is quite underrated here. He’s been incredible since he’s moved to LWB. Feels like he’s come of age.

It’s win win if we get Sessignon in then either March continues his progress in that position proves he is a better option and Ryan cannot unseat him in which case March goes onto being our first choice LWB or March form dips and a quality player takes his position.

I am a great believer in credible alternatives in each position it should push each and every player to be their best every week. I imagine Veltman in the squad is keeping Dunk, White and Webster pushing every week.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don’t get me wrong Solly played well Saturday and his improvement has been good in the three games this season.

But if we made this signing he would be an upgrade on Solly.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sess loan a possibility. James won't leave united. Brewster permanent to Sheffield United I reckon.

Sess loan to buy, James will and still not sure on Brewster? Why are Liverpool not playing and trying to sell a player with his potential?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Loan deal for Sess - not too fussed on option to buy - if he does well we can try - Spurs have just bought a new left back so I reckon if he does well we can get him - but an option would be handy...

Sort out a perm or loan for either Edouard (perm only I know) or Brewster... possibly Origi if neither the first 2 happen. Sorted for season, and shouldn’t need to do much / anything in Jan as long as we don’t get shit luck with injuries. It won’t break the bank really, given the outgoings we’ve had and Sess is just a loan...

Do it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sess loan to buy, James will and still not sure on Brewster? Why are Liverpool not playing and trying to sell a player with his potential?

Klopp knows the answer. Could be attitude, reached his peak in terms of improvement, need to get him off the books, all manner of reasons. Looks like he doesn’t feature in Klopp’s long term plans for world domination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here