Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LWB candidates - Ryan Sessengon

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bad news: Sessegnon was on the bench last night(although didn't get on)

Good news: Mourinho has publicly stated his squad is too big and is unhappy with the numbers

No news: Are we actually interested:shrug:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't know why and I certainly don't claim any knowledge (generally!), but I'm confident this one will happen. I think it makes a lot of sense for all involved and we get a Lamptey quality left back/left wingback. Sessegnon needs a season of regular first team football, which Mourinho isn't offering. Ben Davies and Reguilon will be the left back options and they've got plenty of attacking players to occupy the left sided position.

I wonder if we might be tempted to throw in a cheeky £20m offer and see what their appetite is for paying for the Bale deal by selling Sessegnon. Mourinho is that short sighted, he has been throughout his whole career. Levy isn't a big fan of spending money so if we essentially offer a payment for Sessegnon to cover their Bale outlay, or the Reguilon outlay.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What makes you think that they are tight?

The previous evidence of their hard faced dealings in the transfer market and strictness over wage demands. Levy's reputation for playing hardball with players and agents is fairly legendary and PB does a pretty good job of emulating him on Brighton's behalf. Why are you so confused?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Athletic reckons he's one of six players for whom Spurs are willing to listen to offers.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Really want this one to happen. In this new system whilst of course defending is part and parcel of a wing backs job, the attacking element is more important as all of our width is provided by that player and the 3 CB’s (all relatively mobile) should provide adequate defensive cover. With that in mind, and with budget taken into account, I can’t see a better fit currently on the market (if reports are to be believed). Get it done Tony.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The previous evidence of their hard faced dealings in the transfer market and strictness over wage demands. Levy's reputation for playing hardball with players and agents is fairly legendary and PB does a pretty good job of emulating him on Brighton's behalf. Why are you so confused?

I agree with all that. Yet Levy signed Maureen and probably made him the highest paid manager in the world.

The game may have changed at Spuds. Purely from an investment point of view, having been CL finalists, if they don't keep 'at it' the only way is down. Their CL exposure may mean they start swimming the merch gravy train that ManUre (especially) have made their own.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really want this one to happen. In this new system whilst of course defending is part and parcel of a wing backs job, the attacking element is more important as all of our width is provided by that player and the 3 CB’s (all relatively mobile) should provide adequate defensive cover. With that in mind, and with budget taken into account, I can’t see a better fit currently on the market (if reports are to be believed). Get it done Tony.

Well said Brick. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I agree with all that. Yet Levy signed Maureen and probably made him the highest paid manager in the world.

The game may have changed at Spuds. Purely from an investment point of view, having been CL finalists, if they don't keep 'at it' the only way is down. Their CL exposure may mean they start swimming the merch gravy train that ManUre (especially) have made their own.

True. Mine was a flippant joke based on the previous media stories about Spurs players living in relative penury. In truth, I have considered him to be one of the most reliable and level headed of the EPL chairmen. His first priority has been the security of the club. Exactly why Tony Bloom employed PB. I joke about penny pinching, but that's who I want running the Albion. I never again want to be wondering whether the club has a future.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True. Mine was a flippant joke based on the previous media stories about Spurs players living in relative penury. In truth, I have considered him to be one of the most reliable and level headed of the EPL chairmen. His first priority has been the security of the club. Exactly why Tony Bloom employed PB. I joke about penny pinching, but that's who I want running the Albion. I never again want to be wondering whether the club has a future.

I agree with all that :thumbsup:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If it came down to signing an additional striker or him I would chose Sessegnon all day, there I’ve said it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here