Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You HAVE to sell Lewis Dunk or Ben White - which one goes?

You have to sell one of them - which one do you sell?

• Lewis Dunk

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • Ben White

Votes: 121 66.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This tweet made me think.

[tweet]1293106985035010048[/tweet]

If you HAD to sell Lewis Dunk or Ben White, which one would you sell?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If a simple either/or forced choice, White.

Dunk is proven at Premier League level, White isn't.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If it was a matter of one or the other. I'd say Dunk.

a) We'd get more money for him
b) The potential of White is greater

I'd rather not sell either though

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Dunk. He deserves the chance of trophies. White has potential and whilst untested will get game time in the coming season and if he fulfils that potential with us chances are his eventual sale will far outweigh any amount we would get for him now.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
For the long term health of the club, we'd be better off selling Dunk.

White, at 22, is the future and has the potential to be a better player than Dunk. The fact that Liverpool and Chelsea are after him shows how highly rated he is. One good season from him in the PL and he could worth double what he is now. Dunk's value won't go up now.

Selling Dunk and allowing White to take his place would encourage more promising youngsters to join as there is a clear path to first team football with us.

That said, keeping both is what i'm hoping for!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
White all day long for me.

Dunk is an outstanding defender, but also more than just a player, our captain and heartbeat and as a centre back not reliant on pace, still has years to go playing at this level.

White is unproven at this level.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Are we assuming we get the same money for both players ?

Dunk maybe 28 but he has a comfortable 5 years left in him... id sell White over Dunk but only if its to a top 6 side

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's a difficult question but probably White. We stayed up last season without him. If we lose Dunk and replace him with White, one of two things are likely to happen. Either he struggles initially in the Premier League, in which case we've weakened our defence significantly. Or he does as well as Leeds fans think he will and the chances are we would sell him in a year or two anyway and have to rebuild again.

With Dunk we know what we've got and he's still not that old for a central defender so could have plenty of years in the Premier League left.

As said by others though, I don't want to sell either of them. I want to see them both alongside Webster in a back three for us next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9455047 said:
The thing is, we DON'T have to sell either of them. It's a buyers market at the moment with prices down, just can't see Tony selling either as it makes no sense from a business perspective.

Yes, yes, obviously. It's an entirely hypothetical question.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What a horrible question. Ben has age on his side but as yet is untested in this division, Lewis would strengthen any defence in the league except maybe Liverpool? Lewis is our captain, our leader and is very comfortable at this level. I abstain:lol:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If it was a matter of one or the other. I'd say Dunk.

a) We'd get more money for him
b) The potential of White is greater

I'd rather not sell either though

Agree with this.
But I'd also add that in my mind Dunk has earned a chance to step up and play CL football and to be part of a team that can win trophies.
Also, like it or not, he's more likely to get into the England team now from a top six club.

Whereas White may have great potential, but has earned none of that yet. Playing for Brighton feels like just the right step up for him at this stage.

So selling Dunk feels more like the 'right' thing to do now, as much as I would hate to see him go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First the Desert Island thread and now this...... :tantrum:

Short term the answer is sell White - Dunk's presence at the back is far more likely to keep us up next season.

Long term the answer is sell Dunk - give him a crack at honours and bring on the next generation.

I voted with the long term solution.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9455047]the thing is, we don't have to sell either of them. It's a buyers market at the moment with prices down, just can't see tony selling either as it makes no sense from a business perspective.

ffs this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here