Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Sussex and Yorkshire - The ties that bind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As the Ben White stalemate won't go away there seems some animosity towards us rumbling down from Yorkshire, which understandably, is being returned with great gusto.

Can't we just all get along, there must be plenty of positives that link our two counties.

Sure we're separated by language, three quarters of England, third world transport infrastructure and a couple of centuries, but still...

...where's the common ground?

For example my neighbours have a Yorkshire Terrier, called Yorkie (brilliant)
That's got to be a positive, (other than all our hard earned taxes being spent up there), it can't be the only one.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As the Ben White stalemate won't go away there seems some animosity towards us rumbling down from Yorkshire, which understandably, is being returned with great gusto.

Can't we just all get along, there must be plenty of positives that link our two counties.

Sure we're separated by language, three quarters of England, third world transport infrastructure and a couple of centuries, but still...

...where's the common ground?

For example my neighbours have a Yorkshire Terrier, called Yorkie (brilliant)
That's got to be a positive, (other than all our hard earned taxes being spent up there), it can't be the only one.

You have to dream for comedy principles, that some Yorkshire type has a Sussex terrier called Harry :D

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I usually drink Yorkshire Tea and enjoy a Yorkshire pudding with a roast.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I always liked the description from, I think, golfer Mark James. "A Yorkshireman is like a Scot but without their sunny disposition and generosity of spirit"

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
These are very nice, i cannot for the life of me remember a chocolate bar called Sussexie :p snapshotimagehandler_1496724166.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ties that bind people not random anti-yorkshirian southern elite bias, that gets us nowhere.

After all we gave them Banoffee Pie (one of their 5 a day) while they gave us Geoff Boycott...

...ok that's not great, but it's a start to the peace talks.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ties that bind people not random anti-yorkshirian southern elite bias, that gets us nowhere.

After all we gave them Banoffee Pie (one of their 5 a day) while they gave us Geoff Boycott...

...ok that's not great, but it's a start to the peace talks.

Hold on there fella.....i just put it out on here what a great Chocolate bar has the name Yorkie. Jeez give us some credit.:rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hold on there fella.....i just put it out on here what a great Chocolate bar has the name Yorkie. Jeez give us some credit.:rolleyes:

and much appreciated it is too, others have been less positive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What's the difference between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York?

One's got hair on his bonce and the other's an heir who's a n............

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I went to Uni in Yorkshire and loved it. Lived in the West Riding for 6 years. One of my best mates is from Yorkshire. Yorkshire Tea is the best tea.

How's that?

I'm sure there is a similar thread to this running on the Leeds site (ahem)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here