Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly I can't see it making it over the Channel. Amazing how many storms reach the Normandy coast then fizzle out.

That's what 'we' voted for, British storms for British people.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's what 'we' voted for, British storms for British people.

Won't need them. From next year this poncey Mediterranean sun will do one once it gets to about Rouen and the UK will be cloudy and grey, 15 degrees and slightly foggy. Perfect for wearing a cardigan in. If that doesn't make Britain great again, nothing will.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Crikey.thanks for the heads up.hopefully your mate was ok?I'm guessing your mate forgot to unplug his TV aerial?

Now there's a thing. i read somewhere, in the distant past, if you unplug, the lightning will hit something else to ground out causing more damage. leave it plugged in and you just lose your 65" walled mounted flat screen:shrug:
i need to have a google

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Now there's a thing. i read somewhere, in the distant past, if you unplug, the lightning will hit something else to ground out causing more damage. leave it plugged in and you just lose your 65" walled mounted flat screen:shrug:
i need to have a google

I've read somewhere that if you get yourself a sword, stick it in the air and shout "I've got the power" you'll be able to conduct most of the near-by lighting bolts away from your home. The trick is to put the sword into some sort of rock afterwards.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've read somewhere that if you get yourself a sword, stick it in the air and shout "I've got the power" you'll be able to conduct most of the near-by lighting bolts away from your home. The trick is to put the sword into some sort of rock afterwards.

Cool, I'll try that.
Damn, no rock.......or sword........or lightning!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like we can all stand down, nothing to see tonight.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Mrs Jakarta and I had some friends, sadly now both passed away, who had a ski lodge overlooking Lake Geneva on the French Side.

We went for Dinner in Switzerland over the lake and noted as we got the Ferry back that the sky was getting very black.

By the time we got back to their lodge a proper, proper electrical storm was kicking off.

It literally illuminated the Mountains and Lake for 2-3 hours.

Think these Continentals get proper weather as I have never seen the like again. :ohmy:

The top of the Adriatic where Italy Austria and Croatia meet is a real hot spot for huge storms end of August through September every building no matter how small gets lightning protection fitted as standard seen many in this area last year we flew into one that was exciting our flight made it into land we were on a Dreamliner but smaller planes rerouted to another airport, this area it's not the far from where you were staying as the storm crow flys just over the Alps

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Getting a bit lively now rounds these parts ....

Lightening strikes b.png

May 5, 2020
Sussex
i need to have a google
That's interesting.i hadn't heard that.as I understand it if the aerial is plugged in then the lightning will strike my aerial on the roof sending high voltage down the aerial lead into my telly which then explodes like a claymore mine in my lounge but also the charge then travels via the telly into the plug socket and then around the whole house blowing up all the sockets and starting small fires so I've always unplugged the aerial at the first rumble. but I will check out your theory as it's a good point.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1293445519654760448[/TWEET]

Today's the day (or possibly tonight's the night)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here