Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Southern France, summer 1982. Electric storm personified! Coincidentally, 20 years later witnessed probably second most impressionable one near Carcassonne too.

Yep, biggest electrical storm I’ve ever seen was as I was driving through the south of France on the way to Argelès.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The “My thunderstorm is bigger than yours and look where I saw it” show
Vanetian Las Vegas just before a storm hit.
4d67571394f4d646a8b1a917da7d6919.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Desperate for one to come along and break this weather.

Find it genuinely hard to concentrate at work whilst I am partially melting.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is the closest at the moment

But in reality it's sunny, hot, clear blue sky and zero indication of a thunderstorm coming anytome soon.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did you look at the site at the time? It fades out record of the strikes after a number of minutes. Like last night it was showing some heavy duty strikes over North Wales and Lancashire but it shows as all clear this morning

NOTHING happening anywhere apart from far North of Scotland. Very disappointing so far

Heavy duty strikes was right! I have never experienced a thunderstorm like last night.

Gentle distant rumblings begun about 10.45pm - first lightning was around 11.15pm. Last lightning was at about 4.15am. In between was some of the most astonishing lightning and thunderclaps I have witnessed - for about an hour in the middle we might as well have been in a 70's disco with fast spinning glitterball - there were virtually no breaks between the flashes, and as for trying to count the seconds between the flash and thunderclap to determine the distance, there was no chance. No idea which of the hundreds of flashes related to which thunderclap.

The wife wouldn't let me go out with my camera - probably with good cause. But I was wishing I was in a house with windows pointing the other way! The cat hid under the bed for about six hours.

https://www.lancs.live/news/local-news/cumbria-lake-district-storms-give-18749962

At 1.30am the central heating came on! Think the power surges must have triggered something.

As a result of this all, we have only just had internet connection restored.

Not a great deal of rain relatively speaking.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We had a silent lightening storm last night with no rain.

An hour later it chucked down but no thunder or lightning.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
None here yet in Downtown Petworth.

I have been to Petworth before, it has a lovely park. I remember seeing a couple of deers at it full on once, what a sight that was.

Is it true that the park had a sighting of a headless horseman? Or is that just propaganda?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks promising.:cool:
Sadly, I think you will find it heading North East rather than North, its called The Coriolis Effect. I'm in Worthing so might be really lucky and catch the edge of it but it's probably Eastbourne / Hastings bound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here