Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Thunderbolt and lightening very very frightening.

With plenty of thunderstorms due to kick off over the coming days, are there any going on in your neck of the woods???

D

Deleted member 2719

Best thunderstorm i have been in was in just South of Paris, the sky was permanently lit for hours, it was like Cinderellas Rockafellars, Guildford in the 80's, with the DJ smashing the strobe light.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Spain look fun right now....

Spain.JPG

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Best thunderstorm i have been in was in just South of Paris, the sky was permanently lit for hours, it was like Cinderellas Rockafellars, Guildford in the 80's, with the DJ smashing the strobe light.

Mrs Jakarta and I had some friends, sadly now both passed away, who had a ski lodge overlooking Lake Geneva on the French Side.

We went for Dinner in Switzerland over the lake and noted as we got the Ferry back that the sky was getting very black.

By the time we got back to their lodge a proper, proper electrical storm was kicking off.

It literally illuminated the Mountains and Lake for 2-3 hours.

Think these Continentals get proper weather as I have never seen the like again. :ohmy:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Although I’m not sure how accurate that is. When I woke up at 5.30 it was monsoon rain and thunder in North East Sussex, didn’t show anything on that site ???

Did you look at the site at the time? It fades out record of the strikes after a number of minutes. Like last night it was showing some heavy duty strikes over North Wales and Lancashire but it shows as all clear this morning

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
best storm I've ever seen was in Cincinatti, had a long view from my hotel room, proper biblical show.

slight haze when I set out at 7 this morning, burnt off already and sunny in Chi. Another warm one and no sign of any change.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Southern France, summer 1982. Electric storm personified! Coincidentally, 20 years later witnessed probably second most impressionable one near Carcassonne too.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The “My thunderstorm is bigger than yours and look where I saw it” show

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Did you look at the site at the time? It fades out record of the strikes after a number of minutes. Like last night it was showing some heavy duty strikes over North Wales and Lancashire but it shows as all clear this morning
Yep, as it was happening

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The loudest clap of thunder I ever experienced was during the Ashes first test in Brisbane.
The Gabba was full and it started getting dark and then the explosion of energy right above us was like a gun going off in the same room.
No one was ready for how loud it was. It was so scary that after a few moments you could only laugh.
I was seriously concerned for people with cardiac conditions.
It was probably the nearest I've ever come to unexpectedly :shit: myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here