Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Had to drive to Northfleet in Kent PM and got caught up in possibly the worst rain I have ever seen, 25 MPH was risking it. Wipers probably wouldn't have coped on double maximum speed.

Both M25 and M23 subsequently closed as a result. Getting home wasn't too much fun as everyone had baled out off the M25 and Kent roads were a little busy.

3 hours after setting off made it back to Jakarta Towers. Almost 6 hours total driving, a drink awaits I feel...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

Reads like an extract from 'Road to Wigan Pier'. Or Perhaps an Observer supplement from the early 60s.

I honestly thought I'd been transported back and was sitting in my dining room having a read on a wet December Sunday afternoon before church.

Given a couple of your listings I should have given you an absolutist 2020 scolding. But somehow it feels like it came from another era. I'm off to listen to Acker Bilk.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lots of visible flashes at the moment from the North.....almost constant (storms in North London and off the Essex coast reflecting off the cloud cover). Very eerie.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reads like an extract from 'Road to Wigan Pier'. Or Perhaps an Observer supplement from the early 60s.

I honestly thought I'd been transported back and was sitting in my dining room having a read on a wet December Sunday afternoon before church.

Given a couple of your listings I should have given you an absolutist 2020 scolding. But somehow it feels like it came from another era. I'm off to listen to Acker Bilk.

It’s a quote from the film Taxi Driver.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
S.Bucks is getting a terrific pounding tonight, about a two hr Electric storm of such intensity that I can’t remember seeing in the UK before! Very exciting, and of course loads major roads now shut because of flooding. Big tree was positively dancing tonight in the wind and rain, as the thunder crashed and lightening illuminated the valley. Spectacular! Box office weather good enough for pay to view.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
S.Bucks is getting a terrific pounding tonight, about a two hr Electric storm of such intensity that I can’t remember seeing in the UK before! Very exciting, and of course loads major roads now shut because of flooding. Big tree was positively dancing tonight in the wind and rain, as the thunder crashed and lightening illuminated the valley. Spectacular! Box office weather good enough for pay to view.

No one likes a show-off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s a quote from the film Taxi Driver.

Ah, okay. I've not seen that. There was just something about it that called from another time. Even to the point that it couldn't be challenged even if it was original. It's almost Dickensian and poetic in its crassness.

Nobby Horton's Knob

Aug 4, 2019
Portsmuff
Where I live (Portsmouth) is so utterly dreadful, even the bad weather doesn't want to come here. Not a thing. No thunder. No lightning. No rain. Its still incredibly humid, although the temperature has definitely dropped a few degrees.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

More likely a Cab driver from the ‘70’s.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Incoming, could be interesting. But of course the last one got to Beachy Head and turned round
03aee5c85db0ac699e6242728a5acb13.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Tipping it down in BN3, and a distant rumble of thunder...

...back to the studio.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Isn’t it Marvellous Nakamba? Get out there, fling your arms out and throw your heads back in true Andy Dufresne style, but no climbing down any storm drains!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here