Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Weather

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
According to BBC Sussex Wigginholt and Herstmonceux both made it to 34.5 degrees Centigrade making Sussex the hottest part of the UK yesterday. Has certainly felt like it, haven't slept properly in days. And happily I will be in a Quarry in Kent all day tomorrow in hard hat, safety boots and overalls. Really looking forward to my site visit...

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
According to Carol Kirkwood on BBC this morning... it’s lovely in Greenwich park and she’s seen lots of Doggers! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
last time I remember heat as intense as yesterday I was in Chennai.

I got the temperature gun out and it was genuinely over 32 ish degrees in Shoreham, we managed to keep the house at 28 . . . . my garage door measured 60, the car seat 77 celcius . . . . I should have put a pork belly in there on slow roast!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Don't mind the heat, as long as there's a breeze of some sort. Was fine Saturday, but yesterday was horrible in London. It's 10am and starting to melt already.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
According to Carol Kirkwood on BBC this morning... it’s lovely in Greenwich park and she’s seen lots of Doggers! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that. It was really funny. I'm not sure if she knew the meaning of the word or not, but she soon corrected it to "Dog walkers". Perhaps the Director shouting through her ear-piece?!

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
As much as i'm loving all the Work From Home these days its times like this i miss the air-con in the office, already 33 degrees at my home desk :( wheres this thunderstorm and rain they keep mentioning!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As much as i'm loving all the Work From Home these days its times like this i miss the air-con in the office, already 33 degrees at my home desk :( wheres this thunderstorm and rain they keep mentioning!

I may miss the a/c in the office, but I sure as hell don't miss the 20 minutes (on a good day) I have to spend on the Victoria Line tube in this weather!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Don't mind the heat, as long as there's a breeze of some sort. Was fine Saturday, but yesterday was horrible in London. It's 10am and starting to melt already.

Unfortunately job wise I'm wedded to London (we could throw the towel in, but it would be daft to do so), but 12 years to go and a home by the sea is calling!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
last time I remember heat as intense as yesterday I was in Chennai.

I got the temperature gun out and it was genuinely over 32 ish degrees in Shoreham, we managed to keep the house at 28 . . . . my garage door measured 60, the car seat 77 celcius . . . . I should have put a pork belly in there on slow roast!

I worked in Chennai for 4 months. I was finally able to demonstrate to my kids how hot it was there yesterday (kids, it was like this, all day and all night. In January).

I may miss the a/c in the office, but I sure as hell don't miss the 20 minutes (on a good day) I have to spend on the Victoria Line tube in this weather!

This. The Vic line trains - and Green Park station in particular - are like an oven when it's 21 degrees outside. And the Central line is even worse.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I worked in Chennai for 4 months. I was finally able to demonstrate to my kids how hot it was there yesterday (kids, it was like this, all day and all night. In January).

This. The Vic line trains - and Green Park station in particular - are like an oven when it's 21 degrees outside. And the Central line is even worse.

Have two jobs booked in London and NOT chasing the Client for dates to do them in the near future, September will do fine!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

This . . .I was up at 6:30 . . . . a pleasant 25 mile LAmbretta ride to a large light and airy office with extremely good aircon! :cool:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I saw that. It was really funny. I'm not sure if she knew the meaning of the word or not, but she soon corrected it to "Dog walkers". Perhaps the Director shouting through her ear-piece?!

Carol Kirkwood DEFINITELY knows the meaning, wouldn't surprise me if she was a dogger herself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here