Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who should we loan to feeder club Leeds next?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The locals are a bit upset I know, but hopefully we can foster our relationship further by shipping out one or two more promising players, who, whilst not good enough for our first team can get some needed first team football at a very weak cash strapped Leeds club who need all the help they can get.

So let’s line up some more deals. No purchase option of course. That would be silly.

We can let Bielsa take credit for their development, that’s fine, let them. And we can play along with their cute “we didn’t know who he was until he played for Leeds” bit if that helps.

Haydon Roberts, Tudor Baluta and maybe Peter Gwargis would be my choice.

All good lads who need first team football, would fit in well with the boys club at Elland Road.

Haydon
Would accommodate their “he’s Leeds through and through” tag well and will fit in well with the boys club and would soon become besties with Kalvin Phillips, posing for selfies together on Instagram and generating plenty of likes.

All the Leeds lads will unilaterally be won over by Haydon belting out “Leeds! Leeds! Leeds forever!” At the end of season drinks and will declare him the next Elland Road legend. We can then await the inevitable £45m bid.

Tudor
A swarthy one. One for the ladies, the Leeds lasses will be swooning over him on Twitter and start all kinds of hashtags, posters, memes and the like. #freetudor has a good ring to it.

Earlier in the season I would have said Matt Clarke, but he’s probably a bit further ahead in his development now and needs to step up for his next move.

This will be a win win for all parties.

So these are my picks to send to feeder club Leeds next.

Who’s yours?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't subject any of our youth players to their toxic fanbase. It isn't good for their mental health.
Millwall and Derby treated our other loan players better.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The obvious move, with respect to, is to loan out any of the student Sodexo staff for a season and they’ll come back a world class striker like Shearer. We could be onto something here before the rest of the footballing universe discover Leeds are pure alchemy.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Leeds refusing to pay for Augustin I suspect many clubs will be making sure all contracts with Leeds are more than air tight and would think that all money has to be paid for any player sold to Leeds in one go.. Really hope Liverpool/Chelsea go for White or TB just refuses to let him go this season, let him have a great season then go for £60M+

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldn't subject any of our youth players to their toxic fanbase. It isn't good for their mental health.
Millwall and Derby treated our other loan players better.

You’d deprive these promising talents the genius guidance of Bielsa?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's an excellent suggestion but I think we should wait a year. Once their Championship squad (free of our loan players) has been embarrassed and their manager f**ks off to a better job (maybe Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ) they will return to where they belong in the little leagues.

We can then give them any player who has performed well in division 4 a chance to play in the Championship before joining back up with the mother ship in the big league again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I e heard there’s some good centre halves in the u18s... not sure if it’s a sideways move to go to a historical league 1 club but could be worth a look. Don’t think we have another 7th choice CB who we can ship out to them again this season though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The locals are a bit upset I know, but hopefully we can foster our relationship further by shipping out one or two more promising players, who, whilst not good enough for our first team can get some needed first team football at a very weak cash strapped Leeds club who need all the help they can get.

So let’s line up some more deals. No purchase option of course. That would be silly.

We can let Bielsa take credit for their development, that’s fine, let them. And we can play along with their cute “we didn’t know who he was until he played for Leeds” bit if that helps.

Haydon Roberts, Tudor Baluta and maybe Peter Gwargis would be my choice.

All good lads who need first team football, would fit in well with the boys club at Elland Road.

Haydon
Would accommodate their “he’s Leeds through and through” tag well and will fit in well with the boys club and would soon become besties with Kalvin Phillips, posing for selfies together on Instagram and generating plenty of likes.

All the Leeds lads will unilaterally be won over by Haydon belting out “Leeds! Leeds! Leeds forever!” At the end of season drinks and will declare him the next Elland Road legend. We can then await the inevitable £45m bid.

Tudor
A swarthy one. One for the ladies, the Leeds lasses will be swooning over him on Twitter and start all kinds of hashtags, posters, memes and the like. #freetudor has a good ring to it.

Earlier in the season I would have said Matt Clarke, but he’s probably a bit further ahead in his development now and needs to step up for his next move.

This will be a win win for all parties.

So these are my picks to send to feeder club Leeds next.

Who’s yours?
I do get the vibe that the ladies of Leeds were quite enthralled by Ben. Lots of them very disappointed he’s not going back.

Anyway, in the spirit of this thread, how about Richard Tillman. He’s an experienced striker who learnt his trade at the Albion, and possibly Ashley Neale as a replacement for Ben.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Andone.

Yes,I know he's injured, but with one laying of the hands of Bielsa, he will be as fit as a butchers dog, immediately.

I wouldn't even mind giving them a loan to buy clause, say ,£30 million, in anticipation of his fantastic improvement. And, his temperament would be well suited to the dirties.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The way they are trying to renege on Leipzig will make any club think twice before dealing with them.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There are a few decent footballing sides in the Championship who could be suitable options. Brentford play some great attacking football, Swansea can pass, QPR have the right ideas but need strengthening at the back. I'm hoping we can get 11 players out on loan to Championship clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here