Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Kent CCC v Sussex CCC, Bob Willis Trophy, 8-11 August 2020, Canterbury***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Link here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7j3LZsIT8&feature=emb_logo

Kent 50 for nowt.

Teams

Sussex
Philip Salt
Tom Haines
Harry Finch
Tom Clark
Ben Brown(c)(wk)
Jack Carson
Delray Rawlins
George Garton
Henry Crocombe
Stuart Meaker
Mitchell Claydon

Kent
Daniel Bell-Drummond
Jordan Cox
Jack Leaning
Sam Billings(c)
Ollie Robinson(wk)
Darren Stevens
Marcus O'Riordan
Tim Groenewald
Harry Podmore
Hamidullah Qadri
Ivan Thomas

Oh and we won the toss and decided to bat and Loose

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Apart from meaker and Garton being overlooked , I’d go along with our opening bowler choices

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dizzy is really using this opportunity to have a good look at all his available players.

Claydon......oookkkkaaayyyy.
Crocombe over Garton .....nuts.
Garton is a prime asset But inexperienced . Give him the new ball . Ease Crocombe in.
I can see what Gillespie is doing in his selections but this is silly

Good to hear from you HHI. Let’s hope some of these young players grab the opportunity

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Missing ollie Robinson already !

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wow - I've taken my eye of Sussex CCC for a couple of seasons (apart from their results) and I must say I only know about 3 of our players by name - where's Mushy ?

Couple of seasons? Mushy retired 12 years ago :ohmy:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yet again, Sussex are struggling after a poor batting performance. The trouble is that this time we haven't got Robinson to get us out of the mess.

And I'm not quite sure why Sussex won't consider Evans for 4-day cricket but are happy to lend him to Surrey (where he's currently 39 not out)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yet again, Sussex are struggling after a poor batting performance. The trouble is that this time we haven't got Robinson to get us out of the mess.

And I'm not quite sure why Sussex won't consider Evans for 4-day cricket but are happy to lend him to Surrey (where he's currently 39 not out)

It’s obviously a depleted team - no Robinson, van zyl, head, archer, Jordan, weise.
Also, obviously, this bowling attack is university standard at best. We only beat Hants because of Robinson.
You could point to Wells, Evans, Briggs etc but they haven’t Really cut it for several years.
Im considering giving them a free pass this summer and seeing what happens with the kids.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It’s obviously a depleted team - no Robinson, van zyl, head, archer, Jordan, weise.
Also, obviously, this bowling attack is university standard at best.

That's true but every other county is also missing its overseas players, its internationals and its Kolpaks. I believe that Hampshire had six players missing last match, for example.I think Surrey has 12 players out - which is why they borrowed Evans. So, Sussex aren't unique in this.

It also doesn't explain why Sussex are fielding seven bowlers in this match but only six batsmen

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Archer unlikely to do anything but the odd cameo for us for the rest of his career...

Bowling lineup is appalling when I think we used to have Mushy, Kirts, Lugs and RMJ just a few years back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Archer unlikely to do anything but the odd cameo for us for the rest of his career...

Funnily enough, I'm optimistic we may see more of him in the future. He's clearly finding test cricket tough and may be sent back to the county to build up his confidence (obviously not this season, but it wouldn't shock me to see him play a few times next year). The real worry is if Robbo replaces him.

It's hard to judge on this pitch: it's an absolute road and any bowler will struggle to take wickets on a halfway decent batting line-up. But Crocombe got the new ball ahead of Meaker and ex-England Lion Garton, so he must have something going for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here