Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth manager.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Smug Eddies replacement is Jason Tindall

Howes assistant as was, he’s got a big pair of shoes to fill.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not sure if thats an indication of their ambition or perceived ambition, which accounts for nought if he becomes a success (even more Pottereque than the slightly successful Potter)

In other words.......not a big name to try to regain their Premier League status but good luck to him if true.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Quite a brave move. Good to see a new, young manager get a chance rather than an old hand jumping back on the merry-go-round .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Strange appointment. Is this guy going to be able to persuade players to join Bmuff as opposed to Watford, Norwich, Brentford or Swansea?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I can see this being a Dean Wilkins appointment, a very good coach but not a manager.

Having been Smug Eddie's assistant for 10 years, will he jump ship when Howe gets a new job.

Gone by Christmas either to join Smug Eddie or sacked

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I heard from a guy that used to work at the club that Tindall is 'thick as mince'; he was incredulous at the fact he was even being considered for the job. That's just one guy's opinion obviously but I thought it was interesting.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Cheapest option

This. Bmuff owner and directors have probably done all the sums and decided selling any half-decent players plus a cheap managerial option (unlikely to complain) is best. More likely to finish in a relegation spot than bounce straight back up. (Feel free to quote this when they win the league )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see this being a Dean Wilkins appointment, a very good coach but not a manager.

Having been Smug Eddie's assistant for 10 years, will he jump ship when Howe gets a new job.

Gone by Christmas either to join Smug Eddie or sacked

On what basis do you think Tindall is a ‘very good coach’? :shrug:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Mixed views....90% of us on a poll didn't want the guy it appears...thats just a forum mind so not indicative of the whole support of course.

The reasoning behind the decision appears to be about continuity. I'm not sure how to explain it but behind the scenes everyone appears to know each other and are mates of mates of mates, from owner to CEO to the stadium cat.

Its the owners money, its the owners debt, he's made his choice but somehow that promise to return to the PL appears to be a little hollow. If he's serious expect a change by Xmas if the club aren't challenging.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mixed views....90% of us on a poll didn't want the guy it appears...thats just a forum mind so not indicative of the whole support of course.

Well on that basis the normally accurate exit polls in General Elections are useless, I’d say if you’re polling 90% then that is indicative of your whole support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here