Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Seen the clubs doing a bit of promo for him across social media showing his goals and highlights. Watching them got me thinking: is he the best finisher at the club? Some very good finishes in the box, taking early shots and catching keepers out.

Where’s his best position and how many goals can we reasonably expect from him next season?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At times he looks like the best finisher at the club, and then he does an air shot or shanks one.

Loads of talent, which hopefully we can tap.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
At times he looks absolutely fantastic. His two goals at West Ham made me think he’s far too good for us, but his consistency has been lacking over the season.

Hopefully he can kick on in his second year and show his class.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At times he looks like the best finisher at the club, and then he does an air shot or shanks one.

Loads of talent, which hopefully we can tap.

Totally agree on the talent bit, and I also think he is intelligent and capable enough to follow instructions from GP. I think he could well blossom next season.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He looks like the best player we have on a good day, better than any of our strikers for sure . . . But also has a bit of 'winger syndrome' so it's 50/50 if you get a performance.

Unlike Mapay for example who is a grafter.

The best thing is, he looked better after lock down,and arguably got better . . . . Fingers crossed thats a permanent shift inhis approach

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Doesn't seem to be quite in tune with anyone on the pitch yet. Be excellent for him to form that bond with a player or 2 and collectively dart through. He might look like he enjoys it more too. But yes, cutting in from out wide is best.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think Murray is still the best finsher. Micky Adams once sent said that Bobby Zamora was a better natural finisher than Shearer was at the same age. In his second spell at the club Adams said Murray was a better finisher than Zamora. I'm not saying I think Murray is a better finisher than Shearer or necessarily Zamora, but I do think he's very natural. You give him the ball and he'll put it away.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seen the clubs doing a bit of promo for him across social media showing his goals and highlights. Watching them got me thinking: is he the best finisher at the club? Some very good finishes in the box, taking early shots and catching keepers out.

Where’s his best position and how many goals can we reasonably expect from him next season?

Pretty sure that between them, Connolly, Maupay and Trossard got 18 this season. Collectively I think about 25 is a decent target for the three of them, provided we don't sign an expensive striker which limits their collective game time. Trossard has great technique and vision, I think his work rate is better than certain others on this thread think. It's his physicality that needs improvement.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Only his first season, think he will crack on next year.

Agree though that a summer in the gym will help him, Solly too actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Always looks pissed off about something. Think he is a massive talent though. Hopefully next season he will cheer up and start banging them in for fun

Jimmy Grimble

He seemed to lose his self-belief half way through the season. His a lovely footballer. The finish against Liverpool tells you a lot about his skills.

I couldn’t tell if it was self-belief or enjoyment of the game. Or both.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Impact sub. Should be better than that, and shows moments, but generally been at his best off the bench. Anonymous too often when starting.

I don’t agree with this. He is tidy on and off the ball, which I feel gets grossly overlooked, and he has moments of brilliance, with assists and goals to show. For his type of midfielder it’s unrealistic to think he will be delivering above this all the way through a game. That said, he will have learnt from his first season in a new league, will hopefully have no injury issues again, and there’s surely more to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here