Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aberdeen SPL match postponed due to Covid-19 positive tests.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sadly, it's not " Absolute Bollocks ", just checked...... " March 21st 938 new cases " ........." August 6th 950 new cases "

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Still, leaving that for now, what I am saying is that its going to be incredibly hard to run a league schedule without postponements if bad luck strikes, it's going to be massively unfair to smaller clubs with weaker squads if they lose even one key player for 14 days They may have to go back to a " rolling " league where fixtures may be cancelled at short notice or re-arranged at very short notice as we already will be starting the Premiership late this season.

Apologies - fair enough, you are correct on the “official” numbers. Of course we are fully aware now that the numbers in mid-March were almost certainly closer to 50,000 a day than 900-odd, but you are correct in terms of the “official” figures. But the situation will never be as bad as it was mid-March again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apologies - fair enough, you are correct on the “official” numbers. Of course we are fully aware now that the numbers in mid-March were almost certainly closer to 50,000 a day than 900-odd, but you are correct in terms of the “official” figures. But the situation will never be as bad as it was mid-March again.

I imagine testing numbers are now far higher so in percentage terms that’s a lot lower?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here