Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aberdeen SPL match postponed due to Covid-19 positive tests.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know it's Scottish football but you can see direct parallels with our Premier league matches, 2 players test positive, 8 others forced to self isolate suddenly you can only pick from 2/3 rd's of your squad. It surely means a raft of postponements as players either fall ill or have to self isolate as a precaution. It would be highly unfair for " A team Like Brighton" to have to play a fixture where we are picking from 16 when every fixture matters so expect lots of chopping and changing.

Covid-19 really hasn't gone away and at this rate we will be back to mid March numbers of daily new cases.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
If they had been sensible and followed the rules under which football is permitted, it wouldn't have happened. The poison dwarf is furious.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Aberdeen players seem to have picked it up at a bar, I would hope our players (and most other clubs) would be a lot more sensible and wouldn't be going near a bar once training restarts.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know it's Scottish football but you can see direct parallels with our Premier league matches, 2 players test positive, 8 others forced to self isolate suddenly you can only pick from 2/3 rd's of your squad. It surely means a raft of postponements as players either fall ill or have to self isolate as a precaution. It would be highly unfair for " A team Like Brighton" to have to play a fixture where we are picking from 16 when every fixture matters so expect lots of chopping and changing.

Covid-19 really hasn't gone away and at this rate we will be back to mid March numbers of daily new cases.

deaths and hospital cases continue to decline.

Don't panic like they want you too

Was fine before and situation miles worse than now.

All is good

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
at this rate we will be back to mid March numbers of daily new cases.

Sorry but this is absolute bollocks.

Hope you're doing good otherwise. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Failure to fulfil fixture and points deduction must follow, given that if the players had remained in theor bubble they wouldn't have been infected.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry but this is absolute bollocks.

Hope you're doing good otherwise. :thumbsup:

Sadly, it's not " Absolute Bollocks ", just checked...... " March 21st 938 new cases " ........." August 6th 950 new cases "

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Still, leaving that for now, what I am saying is that its going to be incredibly hard to run a league schedule without postponements if bad luck strikes, it's going to be massively unfair to smaller clubs with weaker squads if they lose even one key player for 14 days They may have to go back to a " rolling " league where fixtures may be cancelled at short notice or re-arranged at very short notice as we already will be starting the Premiership late this season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Still believing what bollox the Guardian and BBC pumps out over Covid despite death rates falling all the time ? It's time to get the economy back up and running and stopping all the bullshit people like you swallowing. The vast majority of deaths are over 70's or with health issues.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sadly, it's not " Absolute Bollocks ", just checked...... " March 21st 938 new cases " ........." August 6th 950 new cases "

Still, leaving that for now, what I am saying is that its going to be incredibly hard to run a league schedule without postponements if bad luck strikes, it's going to be massively unfair to smaller clubs with weaker squads if they lose even one key player for 14 days They may have to go back to a " rolling " league where fixtures may be cancelled at short notice or re-arranged at very short notice as we already will be starting the Premiership late this season.

The "what happens if a/some players get infected?" scenarios were quite widely discussed on in relation to Project Restart - it seemed inevitable that there would be positive cases at some point over the duration of the period where the season was being concluded, but there wasn't.

The Aberdeen case is quite a special one due to a whole group of their squad going to the same bar - one that seems to have been the focal point for an outbreak of infections. At best, it was naive. At worst, incredibly stupid.

If nothing else, this case will undoubtedly be used to hammer the point home to Premier League players about the consequences of being naive/stupid, particularly en masse. That's not to say infections will not happen - I still think it's inevitable as the country opens up further, particularly with kids returning to school, but if clubs remain vigilant in how close players get around training, then it should not be the case that a squad loses c8 players in one go.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still believing what bollox the Guardian and BBC pumps out over Covid despite death rates falling all the time ? It's time to get the economy back up and running and stopping all the bullshit people like you swallowing. The vast majority of deaths are over 70's or with health issues.

Oh, right. That's okay then.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Oh, right. That's okay then.
Companies gong bankrupt every day. 1500 people losing their jobs on a daily basis . Families can't put food on the table. It's okay just shut down the economy making millions of lives a misery just to save a few people from Covid. Lol

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Calm down dear, the source for these worrying facts is here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/ You will pleased to know it's not the BBC or The Guardian if you look.

Additionally, it might be helpful for you heart rate if you read my post again, I make NO mention of death rates as that is not really applicable to young professional footballers ( hopefully ! ) but increasing case numbers might well increase the numbers of players and indeed, coaching staff, who may have to isolate at short notice.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Calm down dear, the source for these worrying facts is here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/ You will pleased to know it's not the BBC or The Guardian if you look.

Additionally, it might be helpful for you heart rate if you read my post again, I make NO mention of death rates as that is not really applicable to young professional footballers ( hopefully ! ) but increasing case numbers might well increase the numbers of players and indeed, coaching staff, who may have to isolate at short notice.

I’m not buying into any of that leftie propaganda!!!....oh, hang on....:lolol:

Torys :shootself

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Companies gong bankrupt every day. 1500 people losing their jobs on a daily basis . Families can't put food on the table. It's okay just shut down the economy making millions of lives a misery just to save a few people from Covid. Lol

Surprised you are worried about this ? Surely come January1st all those worries will be over ?

I would suggest March 21st 2020 figures were only the known cases at the time, as testing was in its infancy, more likely 10s of thousands were infected hence the lockdown eventually came. It had already got out of control. Now it's very much under control and staying that way!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Aberdeen players seem to have picked it up at a bar, I would hope our players (and most other clubs) would be a lot more sensible and wouldn't be going near a bar once training restarts.

According to the BBC:

'All eight Aberdeen players were in a bar linked to the city's spike in Covid-19 cases on Saturday following their opening-day defeat by Rangers.'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember in April you thought you had it, and posted on here that you were struggling to breath. Now that you've recovered, it appears that Covid safety doesn't matter anymore.

How quickly you forget.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Massively insensitve considering people on here have lost loved ones and you were in a pretty bad shape yourself and got good wishes from across the NSC spectrum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here