Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 21 (twenty one) years ago today!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I was best man at a wedding in Stroud that day. I still haven't forgiven the couple for
organising their big day on my big day.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A joyous day.

Lovely memories of going again with my family and then walking down to the Park View and having a couple of beers in the garden with my dad, sadly no longer with us.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Joyous day....sat watching a Brighton home game, in Brighton. Adams had us so revved up Mansfield just had no chance that day. I was pretty pumped up too and the man sat behind me was totally fed up of me jumping up and down so often.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I was staying down in Bracklesham Bay for a long weekend with the then wife and some friends. Drove up on my own and was there by 1pm. Fabulous day. Sat in row W, D block south stand, which became my home for the next 6 yrs, until I became a bad fan for 3 seasons. Sorry!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
21 years?? Jesus.

What a day though. Many good memories but particularly remember walking out the 'ground' and waving to the residents who were loving it. Think it might have been the ones who made that banner when we left. After all the hassle the club went through to get permission to play there, was nice to see people happy to have us.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I was there. I remember the optimism that things really were on the up again after the Gillingham years etc. And what a journey it’s been since then. Can’t believe it was 21 years ago!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
21 years! Bloody hell, where have they gone?

Couple of memories for me apart from the usual, grumpy old git sitting behind us, slagging off Cameron the whole game, "another mazy run from Cameron" he said as Cameron tripped over the ball, however he picked himself up to cross it into the box for Aiden Newhouse to score the 6th?

Also standing outside the railway bell with a beer afterwards, everyone in high spirits obviously, when a stretch limo came down past the station, some lad decided it was a great idea to surf on the limos roof. Don't remember the drivers reaction but I doubt he shared the celebratory mood of everyone watching.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Getting to the ground early and hoping we would win, I needn't have worried the result was never in doubt.

Little did I realise that this was the only game at Withdean that the people in the row in front didn't moan about the team.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What a way to start off my time as a season ticket holder.

Lovely warm day, two stands with plenty of back and forth chanting between the two, and my first experience of the Withdean Rumble.

Marvellous Scenes!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brilliant day. Was going to mention the 'Withdean Rumble' but the previous poster just did!

Back in Briighton - win 6-0, with a hat-trick from a player born in Brighton. You couldn't make it up.

Remember walking to the ground from Preston Park and there was a house with a huge banner saying 'Welcome Home Albion'. Seeing as we'd been told the area was full of Nimbys, that was great to see.

It really did feel like a new beginning.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was on holiday in Puerto Banus, following it on SSN whilst dipping in and out of the pool.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I know, I'll be nearly 50. :ffsparr:

I still remember the day well, apart from where I parked (somewhere in Haywards Heath I suppose), and the walk up Snakey Lane (despite being told by the club that we weren't supposed to use it, no-one seemed to care). Great game and I remember thinking (wrongly as it happened) that the team would go places that season. However, it was the launch pad for the next two fabulous seasons, some of the best times I've had watching the Albion. Also, meeting other STH I'd never met before, who would go on to become firm friends for a number of seasons. Ironically, I've lost touch with them since we moved to the Amex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here