[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Could see Duffy and White leaving.

Still have Clarke, Veltman and Burn.

Plus.... if White does go to Chelsea maybe we could have Tomori back.

That’s a good shout actually, a back 3 of Webster, Dunk and Clarke with Burn and Veltman as back ups. (As long as we don’t sell White to Leeds). Selling Duffy and White should bring in at least £40m

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That’s a good shout actually, a back 3 of Webster, Dunk and Clarke with Burn and Veltman as back ups. (As long as we don’t sell White to Leeds). Selling Duffy and White should bring in at least £40m

I’m not completely convinced that White is a better option than Clarke if I’m honest.

Yes White looks great with the ball and can pick a pass... but when I watched Leeds last season I didn’t see him doing an awful lot of defending.

Clarke however looked great defensively whenever I saw Derby.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I’m not completely convinced that White is a better option than Clarke if I’m honest.

Yes White looks great with the ball and can pick a pass... but when I watched Leeds last season I didn’t see him doing an awful lot of defending.

Clarke however looked great defensively whenever I saw Derby.

That's my worry with White. He wasnt really tested a lot of the season at Leeds. Whether he starts games here or at Leeds in the premier league he will have a lot less time on the ball and have to do a lot more defensive work

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Whatever happens, Webster is nailed on as our 1st choice right sided centre back (for now) with Burn & Veltman as full backs or second choice centre backs.

Essentially we have 3 centre backs confirmed with another 2 or 3 from the list below if they are not loaned out or sold:

Dunk
White
Duffy
Clarke
Østigård
Băluță

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Need another club in to push the price up a couple million. He’s not young but at 28 with three seasons in the premiership And international football under his belt we should be looking for 15 million.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
West Brom reportedly after Duffy too. Looks inevitable he’ll leave.

Best of luck to him. Deserves to be playing every week and he won’t under Potter. He’s been an excellent servant to the club and I wish him well.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That's my worry with White. He wasnt really tested a lot of the season at Leeds. Whether he starts games here or at Leeds in the premier league he will have a lot less time on the ball and have to do a lot more defensive work

Or Chelsea or Wolves or Liverpool reserves. I am pretty sure he won’t be going to Leeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Best of luck to him. Deserves to be playing every week and he won’t under Potter. He’s been an excellent servant to the club and I wish him well.

This, but he just isn’t a Potterball player...

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Could see Duffy and White leaving.

Still have Clarke, Veltman and Burn.

Plus.... if White does go to Chelsea maybe we could have Tomori back.
I don't want BW to go as he is clearly an asset but IF (big IF) we let him go maybe a swap plus money from Chelsea for Tammy Abraham.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't want BW to go as he is clearly an asset but IF (big IF) we let him go maybe a swap plus money from Chelsea for Tammy Abraham.

No chance

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Why would we sell White? Unless for very big money, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I’ll be sad to see Duffy as he gives his absolute best every game and is a proper bully in the air. I think he’s West Ham standard and they’re crying out for a defender like him. I hope he goes there.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Why would we sell White? Unless for very big money, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I’ll be sad to see Duffy as he gives his absolute best every game and is a proper bully in the air. I think he’s West Ham standard and they’re crying out for a defender like him. I hope he goes there.

id sooner West ham too, for simple fact they'll get their shit together more next season and shouldnt be so near the bottom 3.

WBA however possibly will be fighting the drop so i wouldn't sell them Duffy if both cubs were interested.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Argus reckon West Ham can’t afford Duffy.

“Duffy has previously been linked with West Ham [on speculation the Albion are in talks with West Brom], with reports stating that the Hammers’ manager David Moyes was keen to bring the 28-year-old to the London Stadium. But it is believed the London club are restricted by a tight budget.”

I’m hoping it’ll be more than £10m then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here