Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Garbage. Haven't you watched last season at all ? Duffy simply isn't a Potter style of player. Great player Duffy in the right setup just not Potterball.

I think Duffy would suit Burnley

Every game thanks

Think you’ve completely missed the point, I don’t think we should be keeping hold of him.

If Duffy isn’t a Potter player (which I agree 100% he isn’t)

Why are we loaning him for £2m when we clearly need to start working towards balancing the books.

Again your spot on he would suit Burnley, or probably WBA as well.

My argument is that this deal as it is rumored serves no purpose for the club.... we don’t get a decent wedge for a player we don’t want ...... all we continue to do is hold a large amount of players on our books.

Take Andone for a start as a learning experience ..... loan him out and gets two injuries and now is probably worth less than we paid for him (and we got him cheap).

If we don’t want Duffy then we should sell him.... simple as.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every game thanks

Think you’ve completely missed the point, I don’t think we should be keeping hold of him.

If Duffy isn’t a Potter player (which I agree 100% he isn’t)

Why are we loaning him for £2m when we clearly need to start working towards balancing the books.

Again your spot on he would suit Burnley, or probably WBA as well.

My argument is that this deal as it is rumored serves no purpose for the club.... we don’t get a decent wedge for a player we don’t want ...... all we continue to do is hold a large amount of players on our books.

Take Andone for a start as a learning experience ..... loan him out and gets two injuries and now is probably worth less than we paid for him (and we got him cheap).

If we don’t want Duffy then we should sell him.... simple as.
Do 'we'?

I've not seen or heard anything from Mr Bloom to suggest HE feels the need to balance the books.
If anything he (for reasons beyond my tiny little brain) seems actively opposed to the idea.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont know wtf Celtic are doing.

They have won the league nine times in a row, sold expensive players and yet they have no money and their squad looks like "come and help me". They should have been able to gather a team as good as back in the Martin O'Neill days but they just get worse each year, cant even make it to the CL these days, getting beaten by teams like Malmö and Cluj.

Odd how they have decent income, yet no quality and no money. Even feels a bit shady.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Do 'we'?

I've not seen or heard anything from Mr Bloom to suggest HE feels the need to balance the books.
If anything he (for reasons beyond my tiny little brain) seems actively opposed to the idea.

He said himself we are overly stocked at CB and that we needed to move some on.

Barber has also mentioned about COVID and loss of revenue and how club need to have incoming player sales as well as outgoing ones.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Whenever we loan out a “senior” player, the loaning club always pay a fee. That’s pretty common.

Fulham paid to loan Knockaert, Galatasary paid to loan Andone

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Duffy in dispute with the Albion? he wants the Celtic move by sounds of it, Club want the sale, bank the money, off the payroll etc.

According to some celtic publication who whilst fairly balanced, still come across entitled and deluded like Leeds, by suggesting:
"It all adds up to be a rather frustrating scenario for us as Hoops supporters, with Celtic offering a dream move to a quality player with elite experience, only for roadblocks to be put up by the other club"

How about you get your hands in your pockets you tight ******** to give the "dream move to a quality player with elite experience" , and buy the player rather than expect us to subsidise his wages and delay a 10+ million fee, when other suitors are offering to buy him. He's a bargain.

https://www.67hailhail.com/transfers/report-shane-duffy-in-disagreement-with-brighton-as-he-pushes-for-celtic-move/

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Duffy in dispute with the Albion? he wants the Celtic move by sounds of it, Club want the sale, bank the money, off the payroll etc.

According to some celtic publication who whilst fairly balanced still come across as deluded as Leeds, by suggesting:
"It all adds up to be a rather frustrating scenario for us as Hoops supporters, with Celtic offering a dream move to a quality player with elite experience, only for roadblocks to be put up by the other club"

How about you get your hands in your pockets you tight ******** to give the "dream move to a quality player with elite experience" , and buy the player rather than expect us to subsidise his wages and delay a 10+ million fee, when other suitors are offering to buy him. He's a bargain.

https://www.67hailhail.com/transfers/report-shane-duffy-in-disagreement-with-brighton-as-he-pushes-for-celtic-move/

Another club's fans getting huffy that we won't give away a decent centre half simply on the basis that they're a bigger team and they quite fancy signing him?

Whoever heard of such a thing.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

According to some celtic publication who whilst fairly balanced, still come across entitled and deluded like Leeds, by suggesting:

Personal call from Neil Lennon. Not sure that's allowed unless we have given permission for talks

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Another club's fans getting huffy that we won't give away a decent centre half simply on the basis that they're a bigger team and they quite fancy signing him?

Whoever heard of such a thing.

:lolol:

Also trying to set the terms they think are acceptable.

If any of the 3 clubs who wish to buy will stump up the cash, I hope Bloom tells them to put up or shove off

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just offer 10 million plus Duffy for Edouard and everybody wins. They’d be mad not to take that. They can buy a striker for a fiver who’d score up there but NO chance of getting a player of Duffy’s class and experience.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Much rather he goes to Celtic than helps strengthen a Premier League rival.

I guess everyone would prefer him to go to celtic, including Duffy.

But if other clubs are prepared to pay his transfer fee and his wages, why should Albion agree to straight loan him (forfeiting the money to strengthen this window) and more so why would we subsidise his wages?

That sounds like Celtic want their cake and eat it.

The biggest club in Scotland with the biggest revenue and european money cant afford Duffy? Maybe Shanes angst should be towards the club who say they want him but only if its on the cheap and part paid by Brighton?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I guess everyone would prefer him to go to celtic, including Duffy.

But if other clubs are prepared to pay his transfer fee and his wages, why should Albion agree to straight loan him (forfeiting the money to strengthen this window) and more so why would we subsidise his wages?

That sounds like Celtic want their cake and eat it.

The biggest club in Scotland with the biggest revenue and european money cant afford Duffy? Maybe Shanes angst should be towards the club who say they want him but only if its on the cheap and part paid by Brighton?

I agree. Upfront money and reduction of wage bill will contribute to squad improvement. This upside is bigger than the possible downside, (ie big Shane is brilliant against us for WBA and scores the goals and make the blocks which condemn us to relegation).

We should sell to whoever will pay us the cash for him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I rate Goldson & Balogun highly but Duffy would surely be the best defender in Scotland and possibly, the best player if Edouard left.

On that note, I do hope we are after Odsonne. Celtic don’t need him anymore as they have signed Ajeti and should announce Tovey soon (once Odsonne has gone).

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...-have-agreed-deal-sell-ivan-toney-2939575?amp

Signing Celtic’s star man would almost guarantee us avoiding the relegation battle IMHO.

I love your enthusiasm but im still not sure HR. big big difference coming against the back 4 of Livingston, Hamilton or Kilmarnock versus Citeh Liverpool or Chelsea.

still a punt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here