Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Someone in a position to know said back in the Jan transfer window he would be going to West Ham.

Squatting?
Kneeling?
Sitting on the bog?
Or more likely propping the bar up.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Rare that the Argus state something as specific as they have about Duffy today. Can only imagine that the club won't be too bothered about the 'Duffy for sale' rumour. Would be good to get two or three clubs interested, and drive the price up. As much as I think Duffy has been great for us we need to offload one CB and frankly my preference is Shane due to our playing style. If he does go it will be with some sadness because of his whole hearted commitment to the cause, but he deserves first team football.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Makes sense that he's an option to leave. Not a bad defender but has his sloppy moments & Dunk/Webster/Veltman/White/Burn are all more Potter type players in terms of their ability on the ball or potential to play multiple positions. Duffy is at heart an old school tackle & hoof it defender who has tried to adapt to a passing game but isnt quite upto it. For £10-15million it makes sense to cash in.

^This

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Will be gutted to see him go but this rumour looks like it has legs, he'd be a great fit for them and their fans would love him. Just a shame we are selling to a rival if true.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is Dunk wanted by Chelsea, I hadn't noticed:shrug:

Not one journalist reporting it.. so no, as far as we know. Thank **** that threads off the first page now though :lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not one journalist reporting it.. so no, as far as we know. Thank **** that threads off the first page now though :lolol:

So what about this rumour? Is this something that has come from someone who knows anything? Or is this a kid in his bedroom, who's inadvertently, got a couple of thousand adults speculating on a few messageboards with some vaguely plausible but totally made up rumour

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what about this rumour? Is this something that has come from someone who knows anything? Or is this a kid in his bedroom, who's inadvertently, got a couple of thousand adults speculating on a few messageboards with some vaguely plausible but totally made up rumour

Not a clue - depends where Antony Martin got it from. At least it’s an unofficial fan site and not just a fans twitter account though. Rumour sounds perfectly plausible - although I’d want more than £10mil - £15m min.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not a clue - depends where Antony Martin got it from. At least it’s an unofficial fan site and not just a fans twitter account though. Rumour sounds perfectly plausible - although I’d want more than £10mil - £15m min.

Sounds like a well placed rumour from a buying club to me rather than the selling one.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Old skool defender that will be second choice in the Prem for most teams but a solid back up if needed.

He'll be offered a good wage at Wet Sham and good luck to him.

Too clumsy and slow for Potterball.

All the best Shane.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Really under-rated player, £10 mill will be a steal, just the sort of player to provide Prem nous, experience and a few goals. The three coming up from the Championship should be all over this now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Duffy should be plan B when plan A doesn't work or is actually plan A when we play the physical teams...

He won’t get enough game time to guarantee his Irish team selection. He’s as good as gone.

We won’t miss him as much as many old schoolers believe though, I suggest our back four (+ two holders) will look something like this when the physical sides come to play:

Veltman—Webster—Clarke—-Burn
————-White——Bissouma——-

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He won’t get enough game time to guarantee his Irish team selection. He’s as good as gone.

We won’t miss him as much as many old schoolers believe though, I suggest our back four (+ two holders) will look something like this when the physical sides come to play:

————-White——Bissouma——-

There's someone missing ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

————-White——Bissouma——-

White will never ever play DM in the Prem for Brighton.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I love Shane Duffy. 10 million would be an absolute steal. Double it and you'd still be getting good value. He's a proven premier league and international player.

It's a bit weird how some people are saying we wouldn't sell white for 20million+ to Leeds, a potential relegation rival, but are happy to farm Duffy off to West Ham, another relegation rival, for a measly 10m.

For me it seems inevitable that at least one of our centre halves will be moved on and in terms of playing style and value Duffy is the obvious one. Moyes and West Ham would be a good fit for him but 10m doesn't seem like the best return we could get for him. Hopefully that's just a clueless guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here