Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Duffy is going to absolutely monster that league. He was part of the best defensive partnership of my 30+ years of watching the Albion.

He should destroy that league and I hope he does. He could get into double figures for goals scored too. Who's going to stop him?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Remember the amount of stick the club got when we bought him, media pundits laughing at his own goals for Blackburn.

Where's the know it all's now!?

He was the most important transfer made that season. Goldson was a very stylish defender, but he didn't provide the same no-nonsense physicality that our back 4 had with Duffy in there alongside Dunk.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Has been a superb signing for us. Great partnership with Dunk and one of the best headers of the ball I’ve seen, rarely loses an aerial challenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck Shane, i for one will be looking out for Celtics scores when you are in the team. Brilliant player for us, an absolute monster.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Way too good for Celtic, but I can’t think of a league that will suit Duffy more than the SPL

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great player for us, wish him all the best and will always remember him fondly.

Boyhood club so good move for him from that point of view BUT, after playing under two really good managers and blokes in Hughton and Potter, I do have a lot of sympathy for him having to play under Lennon now.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I fully endorse the comments made earlier. A magnificent player who has done us proud. I believe Celtic are just the right club for him.They will love him.
But all these outgoing loans? We ought to get substantial fees that we can use to buy new .......

larus

Sad he’s going, but it does make sense. He’s not a Potterball type defender, but I am very grateful for the times of him and Dunk. Very instrumental in our survival in the PL.

And, for him, it’s a good move too. Playing for the team you support. Getting European games and he’s probably guaranteed quite a few years of playing for them if that’s what he wants.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think people are being a tad disrespectful to Celtic here!

They're not a bad side, obviously. We're not levels above them ourselves. They're certainly a lot bigger than us in stature.

If this move is true, he'd probably be earning similar to what he earns here... plus he'll get to play at least one game in Europe.

Good move for him. Great signing for them.... would be disappointed if we got less than £10m, but more than that then good move for us too.

They are shit.

But I agree the club itself is big and I'm sure it will be a great experience for him.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Celtic should have signed him a week or so ago, as they might have avoided their disastrous champions league defeat.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A decent defender who puts everything on the line, he dominates in the air and always seems to be there for a block. He reminds me of John Terry and at the right club could play a huge part in their success but in a side where defenders need to be composed in possession then he doesn't fit

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Loved the way Shane plays and was awesome in our promo season, and has done well in the Premier League IMO.

Sad to see him go, but hope the big man does well up there for the Bhoys. It will be an interesting BHA CBs reunion when Celtic play that other lot in the old firm derby.

Good luck Shane, an Albion hero.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It was great to see all those goals he scored on Saturday. A hattrick in the space of 30 seconds. Absolute monster Championship player and he’ll dominate the Scotch league but it’s time to go as we no longer need him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They are shit.

But I agree the club itself is big and I'm sure it will be a great experience for him.

And you have watched them play how many times to enable you to make such a disparaging comment ?

They are most certainly not ''shit' - They are under achieving with the squad they have - Thats down to two things. They have a manager who was limited in ability as a player and as a Manager and they have gone for a Manager on the cheap. AGAIN

They constantly pick up players on the cheap and sell them on at a profit - They also suffer from lack of Competition in the League that they play in. The biggest rival to them last year outside Rangers was Motherwell who finished 3rd - And Motherwell get average gates of 4K - Not having competitive opposition to play against week after week means that a lot of their players become complacent in some matches and they are often not ready for it when the Big European matches come around.

I am no fan of either Celtic nor Rangers but Celtic I would never describe as '' shit '' - Fans of both Rangers and Celtic are '' Bigoted Shits '' but their fan base is Massively Loyal and they have a very strong history. It isn't their fault that the Clubs around them cannot realistically afford to compete against them on a regular basis.

F#ckin Hell - Have I just defended Celtic - Must go lie down in a darkened room

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tom Barclay suggesting we are still paying £20k of his £45k a week wages...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here