Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A real Moyes type of player. I’d want more than £10m though, hopefully someone bids them up. Palace?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Good deal for everyone. Club would make triple what they laid out on him and Duffers would get the game time needed at the top level to be in the frame for the ROI squad at the Euros.

Sad to see him go, but he’s dropping further and further down the pecking order.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be happy enough for a wedge of cash for the Duffmonger, cutting our centre-half numbers to 9. Been excellent for us as a defender, but there's only one Burnley, and Moyes is perhaps the last of the Allardyce-ish unmerry-go-rounds to leave style at the door and find relish in beastliness.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Someone in a position to know said back in the Jan transfer window he would be going to West Ham.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Makes sense that he's an option to leave. Not a bad defender but has his sloppy moments & Dunk/Webster/Veltman/White/Burn are all more Potter type players in terms of their ability on the ball or potential to play multiple positions. Duffy is at heart an old school tackle & hoof it defender who has tried to adapt to a passing game but isnt quite upto it. For £10-15million it makes sense to cash in.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Still think Celtic will make a move for him, particularly if Ajer does leave them (Leicester and others have apparently been watching him). Wouldn’t mind Odsonne Édouard coming this way as part of a player plus cash deal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Shane is an excellent player for the right team. Unfortunately (and I believe the changes we've made are completely right) it's not us anymore.

Good luck Big man :thumbsup:

Duffy is too good to be playing second fiddle with us, but he's still one of the best defenders at the club, albeit not best with his feet.

Newcastle at home few weeks ago, Andy Carroll comes on, starts getting on the long balls, Duffy comes on and bosses it.

Last 5-10 mins defending lead/draw under the cosh, I'd take Duffy over any other defender except Dunky.

Brilliant defensively, and in the air, a beast man mountain.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Horses for courses. Shane will get game time at a blood and thunder club. Blood and thunder clubs tend to be bottom half. TB is aiming for top half. Simples.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Celtic get Duffy and Connolly, we get Edouard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here