Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Your epitaph

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Drawing on the collective wisdom of NSC sages, what do people stand for (actual, not desired!) in this world of blaggards, black hearts and broken moral compasses? What’s likely to end up on your headstone, a side from bird shit?

I try to make people laugh, it’s life’s best medicine by far in my experience. The instant retort from friends would be that I don’t but that’s because they know such British bravado requires an instant put down! Quite right too. But on balance, throughout my life, too many strangers as well as friends and family have said I make them laugh so I’ll take that as a hard won compliment rather than complaint and something nice that people will say after I’m gone hopefully :)

And you?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Something similar to Spike Milligan's
"I told you I was ill". :lolol:

Yep, he beat the entire world, past and future, to those immortal words. We’ll all have to settle for 2nd, 3rd etc best if we want to go down that route! Genius.:lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Don't want a headstone, don't even want a funeral. direct cremation scatter my ashes at sea and let my family spend the funeral money on something they want.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Buried alive.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't want a headstone, don't even want a funeral. direct cremation scatter my ashes at sea and let my family spend the funeral money on something they want.

Alright Captain Economy! How about in a eulogy, just indulge the idea for a moment...:bigwave:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" Worked hard, got nowhere, achieved little, an unremarkable life"

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Somewhat not answering the question but Jack Lemmon's gravestone always amuses me............

index.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'No, I didn't know him either'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here