Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 5 Subs. Vote rejected by PL Clubs.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Well ok. I will have to remember that it is ok to g around describing behaviour I do not approve of as "poncey" and people I don't like as ponces. I am sure it will not have any negative effects on people, especially kids. Thanks for letting me know I will endeavour to use it. :thumbsup:

no one said describing people you don't like as ponces was acceptable, i certainly didn't. Nor did THPP say people were ponces. I'm taking a shot in the dark here- you aren't gay are you?. Would you please provide a list of words that I, as a gay man, am allowed to use or need to avoid hearing so I don't offend myself?

THPP used the word to describe what has become a superfluous drinks break , which when it was 30C was needed, but quickly became irrelevant to its original purpose as temperatures plummeted to autumnal levels. So a break that is not fit for purpose, has been widely used for another purpose altogether(tactical) and annoys the hell out of everyone else as it breaks up the game for no good reason, and is used to break the rules. I actually think poncey describes it quite well ( apologies to my fellow homosexualists if i have offended you)

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
What matters is not how good your subs are but how much worse than your starting 11 they are.

It favours teams that don't have a settled starting 11 (i.e. us) and disadvantages sides that do.

It's not in our best interests and so I'm against it.

Interestingly in his interview Barber said he would always vote for what he thought was best for Brighton rather than what was "right".

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good news. Though I've always liked the idea of 3 from 5 (guess they're sticking at 7) with 1 keeper allowed completely seperately (only to play in goal). I think keepers are a completely seperate entity and in modern football we don't need outfield players in goal, however much fun it is for fans. 5 subs was too many except short term in that extreme example at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here