Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 5 Subs. Vote rejected by PL Clubs.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Good

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good. Makes the managers do their job before the match rather than during it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Think that's fair, although a little disappointing from our viewpoint as we have a stronger squad than say a newly promoted club ( Leeds aside of course, as their whole squad has been touched by the hand of God).

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Good

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Back to normality with the 3 subs. Common sense.

Now they just need to vote out the drinks break otherwise come December they'll be using if for soup or bovril!!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Back to normality with the 3 subs. Common sense.

Now they just need to vote out the drinks break otherwise come December they'll be using if for soup or bovril!!
No need, it was already agreed it would only be for the end of this season

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Meanwhile back in the dark ages!!!

Please explain. What’s the next step, American Football style changes and 3 hour matches all for the sake of change. A manager/coach has all week to assess form, the opposition , etc and then pick a team to do a job. How does it add to the spectacle by being able to change 50% of his original outfield selection?

Change for the sake of it isn’t good, however the temp change for Covid is understandable.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It is good generally HOWEVER I think GP is one of the few managers for whom additional subs is a significant tactical advantage.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good - would mean far too much time wasting IMO

Now just need a clock which stops when the ball goes dead. I reckon we get no more than an hours 'playing time' these days.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep good news. 5 subs only benefits the big clubs who when losing/drawing a game have the luxury of being able to throw on yet another expensive striker, or when winning they bring on their latest £50million defender. For the small clubs like us our bench probably has 3 or 4 players who could change a game, but beyond that its more likely to be players who were only likely to come on if there were injuries.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The option of changing half your outfield players during the course of the game was not something I was a fan of. Glad its being binned.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In a funny kind of way I was quite enjoying the five subs - but I guess it is the right thing to move back to three. I always hated friendly internationals where half the team (or more) gets changed, so reining it in back to three is probably a good thing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good. On the Roar, Barber spoke about clubs with lots of world class talent on the bench having an advantage, pleased they won’t now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't much care about the sub strategy. Tho...

Any news on the poncey drinks breaks? Which are basically a preamble to taking a mid-half advert break

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here