Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Betting sites

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Has there been some new legislation brought in on betting sites? I'm not a big gambler but I have the odd punt now and then, generally around the start of the season.

But when I try to get on any betting site I get a "This site can't be reached" message. There's nothing wrong with my connection as I get other sites and it's too much of a coincidence to think that six or seven betting sites are all down at once.

Do I have to whitelist them now or something? It's most odd

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Has there been some new legislation brought in on betting sites? I'm not a big gambler but I have the odd punt now and then, generally around the start of the season.

But when I try to get on any betting site I get a "This site can't be reached" message. There's nothing wrong with my connection as I get other sites and it's too much of a coincidence to think that six or seven betting sites are all down at once.

No recent changes to the rules as far as I know. Have you somehow switched on parental controls by mistake?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Has someone inadvertently downloaded blocking software for gambling sites on your device?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Is it one of the big players or a small bookie? Some of my accounts at the smaller bookies have been taken over by the bigger companies.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No recent changes to the rules as far as I know. Have you somehow switched on parental controls by mistake?

Has someone inadvertently downloaded blocking software for gambling sites on your device?

Sorted. I've just checked, my service provider blocks nasty sites (for my kids' benefit) and gambling was a default setting. I've just unblocked it

Cheers all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here