Votes: 83 55.3%
  • Yes please

Votes: 67 44.7%

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Despite a 35 year ban on drinking alcohol in view of the pitch it may be possible under new thinking to avoid concourse congestion as the season re-starts. Now I'm all in favour of a seated pint but can you imagine the binfest if it's not table (seat) service in the 1901!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a no from me. If people can't last 45 mins without a drink they have a problem.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's a no from me. If people can't last 45 mins without a drink they have a problem.
No G the problem is people moaning about what other people find enjoyable. Introspection is always useful in these situations.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The north stand, 1st game.

giphy-downsized.gif

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Me too, I'd buy a pint before the game and probably another at HT, only problem is I'd need a pee on 35 mins, 50mins, and 88 mins (could be more congestion as I'll be fighting for stairs space on 88 mins with all those leaving.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No G the problem is people moaning about what other people find enjoyable. Introspection is always useful in these situations.

Understood, but when their enjoyment ruins the enjoyment of others, as I'm pretty sure it will, then that is a problem.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Despite a 35 year ban on drinking alcohol in view of the pitch it may be possible under new thinking to avoid concourse congestion as the season re-starts. Now I'm all in favour of a seated pint but can you imagine the binfest if it's not table (seat) service in the 1901!

The season won't restart; it has finished and if you meant "start of the new season", we ain't going to be back at the Amex for the start of the new season sadly.

As for the general point about drinking in sight of the pitch, I am all for it. That ban only came in after Hillsborough and we know now(for those that didn't then) that the recommendations made by Taylor, and decisions taken by government, were based on fabrication and a conspiracy of lies by the old bill.

All the recommendations made by Taylor should be voided now that we know the truth and that includes returning to standing areas for those that want to.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The season won't restart; it has finished and if you meant "start of the new season", we ain't going to be back at the Amex for the start of the new season sadly.

As for the general point about drinking in sight of the pitch, I am all for it. That ban only came in after Hillsborough and we know now(for those that didn't then) that the recommendations made by Taylor, and decisions taken by government, were based on fabrication and a conspiracy of lies by the old bill.

All the recommendations made by Taylor should be voided now that we know the truth and that includes returning to standing areas for those that want to.

I think the ban on drinking in sight of the pitch came in 1985.

“The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985 was introduced after years of disorder at matches and was an attempt to balance fans' right to enjoy a drink, and the clubs' desire to sell them drinks, with concerns about alcohol's link with anti-social behaviour and violence.”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Having been to world cups where you can drink during the game it is a NO for me. With the bars still open it is a nightmare but even for those going to the toilet it is a constant stream of people getting up and walking to the concourse for another drink / toilet / whatever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here