Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Not so Happy Meal

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Furlough, fine for companies that need it - I get that. Half price junk food I don’t. At all.

Especially after witnessing the mile long car queues of occupants desperate to get back into these places on the first day the lockdown was lifted. They certainly didn't need any incentives then so why give them extra encouragement?

D

Deleted member 22389

I can't stand the stuff anymore, however they are excellent employers when it comes to people like my brother who has learning difficulties. He's been there over 10 years now, has had fantastic support throughout his employment with them. He didn't fair well in other jobs before this, mainly because the employers didn't have the time or resources.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I used to (until lockdown) have on average 2 McDonald's a week. Spend a lot of time on the road for work for it was nice and easy and relatively cheap.
For about the last 2 years I have suffered with terrible skin problems. I've always had eczema but my face was a constant dark red colour and very itchy all the time. Several trips and referrals to dermatologists couldn't solve the problem.
When everything shut during lockdown and I didn't have McDonald's for months my skin completely cleared up.
I had a burger at the marina shortly after restrictions were lifted and the next day my skin blew up again, took 3 days to calm down.
2 weeks later by way of research I went and had the same McDonald's meal in Burgess Hill. Boom, same issue with skin.
I will never touch it again. I don't know what they put in it but considering the violent effect it has on me I'll happily give it a miss!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Years ago when I was a kid, I bit into a Waitrose jam doughnut to fiknd it a bit 'chewy', spat it out and found I was enjoying the remnants of a blue j-cloth. Mum got a few quid compensation for that, then lo & behold a few weeks later a similar thing happened, but this time I had a piece of cardboard wrapped in plastic film in it.

Never really fancied filled doughnuts much since....

Was your mum running some sort of scam??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Years ago when I was a kid, I bit into a Waitrose jam doughnut to find it a bit 'chewy', spat it out and found I was enjoying the remnants of a blue j-cloth. Mum got a few quid compensation for that, then lo & behold a few weeks later a similar thing happened, but this time I had a piece of cardboard wrapped in plastic film in it.

Never really fancied filled doughnuts much since....

Two possibilities present themselves:

1: you are very unlucky in the doughnut stakes.
2: your mum had a nice little compo deal going on with Waitrose as her target.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Especially after witnessing the mile long car queues of occupants desperate to get back into these places on the first day the lockdown was lifted. They certainly didn't need any incentives then so why give them extra encouragement?
There's a good fit between McDonalds customers and the political demographic required to keep Johnson in power. It's a naked feel good policy to divert from the shambles their making of Covid and Brexit.

I can see half of you rolling your eyes.

It's a dead cat McNugget.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s not. Its owned by a Private Equity group

That’s interesting because even I noticed some of prets fizzy drinks have no added sugar , no E numbers and no artificial sweeteners . So clearly it can be done , it’s possible to be healthy even at scale .

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
That’s interesting because even I noticed some of prets fizzy drinks have no added sugar , no E numbers and no artificial sweeteners . So clearly it can be done , it’s possible to be healthy even at scale .

KFC used the introduction of the ‘sugar tax’ to switch to only serving diet versions of their carbonated range.

I’m sure they’re not the only chain to adopt this approach.

Back on topic, Pret fizzy drinks have 58% grape juice as their major ingredient.

How’s that healthy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here