Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical question as it will never happen but

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would you like the Albion to sign Zaha?

I would, but only for the meltdown at Palace.

Would he be a shoo in for the team or a squad member?

Sorry, but it is the silly season! I’m back at school in September

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I wouldn't want him in the team given his sulks and price tag. However if we did sign him it would be hilarious seeing the reaction of Palace fans (and the majority of Brighton fans too I suspect)!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m looking for a nail and hammer as we speak

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Regardless of where it is I would like to see Zaha in a team surrounded by more quality and managed by someone who gets him to cut out the diving. On his day he can be unplayable. When he’s sulking it’s pure comedy. I think it would be a shame professionally if he didn’t have at least a few seasons elsewhere.

Would I have him at Brighton? Heart says no. Head says too right. I’m conflicted :shrug:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Of course. Remove the blue and white spectacles for a second and he's a top six player. He currently plays for a very average, defensive team. He'd thrive in a team like ours.

Also, he wouldn't be able to play against us, which would be an absolute godsend. He's got a record of scoring in every other game against us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course. Remove the blue and white spectacles for a second and he's a top six player.

you say that but we have evidence of him being with top 6 (ish), and he was a bit meh.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Regardless of where it is I would like to see Zaha in a team surrounded by more quality and managed by someone who gets him to cut out the diving. On his day he can be unplayable. When he’s sulking it’s pure comedy. I think it would be a shame professionally if he didn’t have at least a few seasons elsewhere.

Would I have him at Brighton? Heart says no. Head says too right. I’m conflicted :shrug:

My problem with him is he seems like one of those small club mavericks who gets given the freedom to lose the ball as many times as they wants but gets that 1 wonder goal in every 10 matches to justify the freedom they're given. Darren Huckerby at Coventry was very similar.
Once they go to a club which treats possession more preciously, players like Zaha just end up sitting on the bench like when he joined Man United.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Of course. Remove the blue and white spectacles for a second and he's a top six player. He currently plays for a very average, defensive team. He'd thrive in a team like ours.

Also, he wouldn't be able to play against us, which would be an absolute godsend. He's got a record of scoring in every other game against us.

The biggest Myth in football!

Apart for them getting a new stand...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
you say that but we have evidence of him being with top 6 (ish), and he was a bit meh.

He played 2 Premier League games for Man United. That is not evidence of him being a meh player at a top six club. He was also signed by a different manager to the one that was his first manager at the club. Moyes clearly didn't like him.

He's a right arse, obviously, but he is clearly very talented and has probably done enough at Palace to prove he can more than handle himself at a better level than they are able to reach. For obvious reasons, I'd prefer him to piss off to a big European team than stay in the Premier League.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He would NEVER EVER sign for us.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Sign him up. But not play him, dress him as Gully and make him do sliding dives up and down the touchline for everyone's half time amusement.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes, but only play him twice a season, against them, so he can perform another of his trademark tumbling tricks to win a penalty, in the 94th minute, to give us a win.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The biggest Myth in football!

Apart for them getting a new stand...

He's had a probably his worst season in a Palace shirt this year in comparison to previous years only getting 4 goals and 3 assists.

Comparing him to similar players from the top eight (to include Arsenal and Wolves):

Nicolas Pepe 5/6
Lucas Moura 4/4
Demarai Gray 2/3
James Madison 6/3
Mason Mount 7/5
Daniel James 3/6
Diogo Jota 7/1

He plays in a considerably worse team than the above and still has comparable stats. There are plenty of reasons to ridicule the cry baby, but his skill isn't one. For a myriad of obvious reasons, I cannot wait to see the back of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here