Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 20/21

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arrogant Villa will go for a different approach of spending huge sums on two or three players who’ve proved themselves in the PL. They’ve just sacked their ‘Dan Ashworth’ figure for the long list of transfer blunders in the last 15 months.

That was the opportunity for the cntish club to get relegated.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Interesting to see we’re much further up the pecking order than we’ve ever been. And as usual, I think the bookies have got it about right.

Away form is now becoming less of an issue. Our squad is being recognised with the younger players joining up, which was always the plan (Leeds fans, take note).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A bounce for this thread as you can still get 4/1 Leeds.

Some form: In 3 of the last 6 seasons, 2 of the 3 promoted clubs have gone straight back down. The only year in the last 8 when none have was our first season up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A bounce for this thread as you can still get 4/1 Leeds.

Some form: In 3 of the last 6 seasons, 2 of the 3 promoted clubs have gone straight back down. The only year in the last 8 when none have was our first season up.

Has all 3 promoted club ever gone straight back down ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Update on the original odds posted:

Fulham 5/4 - pushed out slightly to 11/8
West Brom 5/4 - in to 11/10 and marginally favourites
Villa 9/4 - in to 2/1
Palace 5/2 - still 5/2
Newcastle 3/1 - in slightly to 5/2
Burnley 10/3 - pushed out slightly to 7/2
Leeds 7/2 - still listed as 7/2 on most sites, can get 4/1 on 3 sites online
Brighton 4/1 - still 4/1
Sheff Utd 4/1 - still 4/1
West Ham 4/1 - biggest movers now 5/1
Southampton 7/1 - now 15/2

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Update on the original odds posted:

Fulham 5/4 - pushed out slightly to 11/8
West Brom 5/4 - in to 11/10 and marginally favourites
Villa 9/4 - in to 2/1
Palace 5/2 - still 5/2
Newcastle 3/1 - in slightly to 5/2
Burnley 10/3 - pushed out slightly to 7/2
Leeds 7/2 - still listed as 7/2 on most sites, can get 4/1 on 3 sites online
Brighton 4/1 - still 4/1
Sheff Utd 4/1 - still 4/1
West Ham 4/1 - biggest movers now 5/1
Southampton 7/1 - now 15/2

I'd be inclined to think West Brom have no chance. I think (hope) Palace could struggle and then, for me, it's between Fulham and Villa. Most likely Fulham, I'd say.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sheffield United are an interesting one. Most seasons, there is a team that surprises the PL when they come up. Huddersfield, Fulham and Norwich, for example. But they normally very soon get figured out and fall off.Every time I see Sheffield United, they look like a very good Championship side. I can see why teams like us struggle but the bigger teams also seemed to have a problem when normally, they would have the players to negate whatever the other team's "special power" is. Maybe because their USP isn't throwing attackers at it like Norwich and Fulham, it is harder to figure out. But I wonder if a chink does appear, they will drop like a stone. They are very much greater than the sum of their parts with a very good coach but how long can that continue?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Will change after transfers I imagine, Heart wants CPFC, LUFC & Southampton down. Head says West Brom, Palace and one of either Villa, west brom leeds or newcastle.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Do any bookies offer an option to bet on head to head placings of where teams finish?

i.e. Can I place a bet on Brighton finishing above Leeds? And where do I find the odds?

el punal

Promoted teams

Norwich – Rock bottom, shocking at the back
Sheff Utd – Incredible season
Villa – Just survived, may establish themselves

Wolves – Established themselves. Very good side
Fulham – Relegated with a whimper. Yo-yo’d back up yesterday
Cardiff – Relegated, but made play offs. Don't look all that to me

Newcastle – 100s of millions spent. bottom half Prem team
Brighton – 100s of millions spent. bottom half Prem team
Hudds – one decent season, bottom half of championship now

Burnley – Established side, but vulnerable to losing manager and a small number of key players
Boro – lower reaches of Championship
Hull – League one at best

Some have gone on to do ok. More have struggled to establish themselves. Only Wolves look to have sustainably built a top half team

Have we spent hundreds of millions? ???

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Do any bookies offer an option to bet on head to head placings of where teams finish?

i.e. Can I place a bet on Brighton finishing above Leeds? And where do I find the odds?

Don't know of any fixed odds sites offering that particular option but you could take that position synthetically by buying Brighton @ 43 pts and selling Leeds @ 44.5 pts on the spread markets.
Whilst the more correct you are the more rewarded you'll be the flip side is the more incorrect you are the more you'll lose. At least with the current market pricing you'll be starting off with 1.5 pts in your favour

As an example If you went Long (Bought) the Albion and Shorted (Sold) Leeds at the current market prices for £100 a point each and the Albion were to finish the season with 42 pts and Leeds with 38, you'd make £550.
You can trade out and close your position (bet) at anytime during the season but you're then giving away a bit by having to cross the spread a total of 4 times.

https://www.spreadex.com/sports/en-...ier-league-outright-betting-2021/spr/p1424747

Capture 93.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here