Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 20/21

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
See also; Huddersfield.

I see these as similar situations, a bit like our decent performance in year 1. You are still riding the togetherness wave, which makes a huge difference no matter the league you are in. It is incredibly hard to maintain that when players start being replaced, and fatigue of 'surviving' kicks in. Burn out from a small squad of core players also contributes. And then, the plummet begins - arresting that slide is pretty challenging, even after you've dropped to the division below, the slide can continue.

Wolves I do see as a different scenario. They clearly have a very talented squad, in my opinion built by nefarious means, but hey ho.

Then you've got the Burnley model. Set up in a very specific way and happy to play that way, despite it being fairly awful to watch. Credit to the club and management for persisting with it - it's about results for them.

I don't think it will be decisive, but I expect Wolves to have a tougher season. The West Midlands triangle will make a tough little mini league, which West Brom will drag them into.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still don’t get how Leeds with a team of loanees and non proven PL players can be those odds. I am obviously underestimating Bielsa, even though there is no guarantee that he’ll even be manager when they kick off :shrug:

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I still don’t get how Leeds with a team of loanees and non proven PL players can be those odds. I am obviously underestimating Bielsa, even though their is no guarantee that he’ll even be manager when they kick off :shrug:

Because they’re Leeds, they’re gonna win the league within 3 years don’t we know :laugh:

Yoda

English & European
See also; Huddersfield.

I see these as similar situations, a bit like our decent performance in year 1. You are still riding the togetherness wave, which makes a huge difference no matter the league you are in. It is incredibly hard to maintain that when players start being replaced, and fatigue of 'surviving' kicks in. Burn out from a small squad of core players also contributes. And then, the plummet begins - arresting that slide is pretty challenging, even after you've dropped to the division below, the slide can continue.

Wolves I do see as a different scenario. They clearly have a very talented squad, in my opinion built by nefarious means, but hey ho.

Then you've got the Burnley model. Set up in a very specific way and happy to play that way, despite it being fairly awful to watch. Credit to the club and management for persisting with it - it's about results for them.

I would put Sheffield United more aligned to Reading on their first promotion. Took the league by surprise and finished comfortably top half and just missed out on Europe. 2nd season completely struggled and relegated.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
betfair do. I've just had a bite. Tasty.

Very tasty indeed. I had £123 in my Betfair account, (had no idea it was there, it's been years since I went on betfair), just put the lot on Leeds to go down and am looking forward to my 2021/22 season ticket to be paid for with a good sized chunk left over for Harveys and pie .... Damn, it will taste good, but god I miss live football

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Very tasty indeed. I had £123 in my Betfair account, (had no idea it was there, it's been years since I went on betfair), just put the lot on Leeds to go down and am looking forward to my 2021/22 season ticket to be paid for with a good sized chunk left over for Harveys and pie .... Damn, it will taste good, but god I miss live football

Only a tenner on it for me. Good luck to us both. I'll enjoy the outcome far more than the winnings, but it'll help for a few Harveys and Piglets in the WSU. I'm missing live football too.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003

Blimey, I was allowed £1.25:censored:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wolves are interesting as they are almost a unique project, built around a Portugese manager, a Portugese agent and a core of very good Portugese players ( 7 at the last count ). Their ' sustainability ' in the top half could well depend on this core staying in place. The dynamic in any club can change very quickly and if Nuno were to be tempted away, then the very good progress that Wolves are making as a club could stall. One or two players could follow him and there is no question that the real big boys will be eyeing up Traore. So long as the status quo continues then I think Wolves will do ok. Any changes and I'm not so sure.

I don’t think they can afford to stay still as a squad though...like any it needs to evolve

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hard to ignore that Leeds price.

I'm on it with a small sum.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
A successful treble involving Leeds, Villa and Palace would probably give me more pleasure than the birth of my first son

100/1 on SkyBet for the treble

6F7093A5-AAFD-491E-9DA9-9210843B00C0.png

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I still don’t get how Leeds with a team of loanees and non proven PL players can be those odds. I am obviously underestimating Bielsa, even though there is no guarantee that he’ll even be manager when they kick off :shrug:

The odds at the moment price in the assumption that they're going to make some transfers between now and October.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The odds at the moment price in the assumption that they're going to make some transfers between now and October.

So will everyone else.

I can't see any reason to suspect that Leeds will spend bigger or better than their relegation rivals

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Paddy Power are laying the 4/1 in the shops. Ladcrooks cut from 4/1 to 7/2 last night but don’t have the prices available in the shops.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here