Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 20/21

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Well, we’re all concerned aren’t we with results. But we are all quite (naturally) blinkered.

Zoom out a bit. It’s now just half way through the season. We’re not even in the bottom 3 yet. A whole half of a season to go, lots of football to play. There’s always a couple of teams who sink and get dragged into things. Always teams that put a run together at the bottom.

If we get a couple of wins the complexion changes. Check out the staying up tracker. We’re actually almost on course to stay up, which surprised me actually.

The bookies are very rarely wrong, so the fact their given us the odds we have says a lot.
I admire your optimism, I really do. It's great that people are so positive, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

We probably need another 6 or 7 wins, and 6 or 7 draws.

But you've seen us play this year. Where are the 25 points going to come from?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I admire your optimism, I really do. It's great that people are so positive, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

We probably need another 6 or 7 wins, and 6 or 7 draws.

But you've seen us play this year. Where are the 25 points going to come from?

Do we though?

I think there’s a real chance that a record low points total may be enough this season. And you’re assuming the same for the teams below us. Do you see Fulham and Brom getting 7+ wins?

Some always get hysterical here, but there’s a long long way to go yet.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Do we though?

I think there’s a real chance that a record low points total may be enough this season. And you’re assuming the same for the teams below us. Do you see Fulham and Brom getting 7+ wins?

Some always get hysterical here, but there’s a long long way to go yet.
I'm hoping we won't, but going on averages, I would think we'll need at least 20 more points.

It's just that I can't see where those points will come from.

Looking at other teams, Fulham look much better now. We really must beat them.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Dyche and Wilder will kick, cajole, bully and wrestle their teams to survival. Fulham have bought a completely new and quite good defence and are poised to shoot past us. This leaves ourselves, West Brom and Newcastle all struggling for results and poised for the drop unless something dramatic changes. West Brom have played their big card and have imported Fat Sam and Newcastle seem to be heading south to join us but both will spend to try and retain PL status in the next couple of weeks. Based on our form to date and the fact that we seem reluctant to spend the necessary dosh to buy in goals I really can't see us getting another 25/6 points from our remaining games. But we will continue to play pretty football on 75% of the pitch.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We still have to playe all the teams around us . . . . despite the plaudits on style and happy clappy management response it must be starting a ebb away at confidence now, already very noticable up front. I was amazed looking at the odds this morning Newcastly Burnley and FUlham are all shorter odds than us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can still get 4.6 decimel on a Brighton relegation, double the odds for Fulham.

It makes no sense when we have just 2 more points, earning 4 points from the last 24 available!!

Whilst Fulham have two games in hand and have 8 points from their last 24 avaiable. Taking 5 points from high flying Leicester, Liverpool and Spurs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From 7/2 to 6/1.

981C1B65-2D97-4385-A763-1E50B5E663D4.png

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Leeds at 17-1 , good value IMHO.

TNBA

TTF

Fantastic value.

Momentum has taken them this far, but nearly every manager they face now has worked them out.

Could see them having a real struggle in the second half of the season.

I'm very confident we will finish above them

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Just got 4/1 at Bet365 and stuck £25 on, a little bit of emotional insurance, if nothing else...

Although saying that, I would quite happily lose that £25 for the Albion to keep their Premier League status.

Being offered £11 odd now thanks to today’s win! As I said, I’d let that or the full £100 slide for the Albion to keep their Premier League status!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fantastic value.

Momentum has taken them this far, but nearly every manager they face now has worked them out.

Could see them having a real struggle in the second half of the season.

I'm very confident we will finish above them

Not matter how badly Leeds might struggle in the second half, they already have 23 points with 20 to play. There’s no way that they won’t pick up the probable 12-13 points needed this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here