Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Fixtures 20/21

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just read these may not be announced until 3 weeks before the first game.

Wondered with the lack of crowds would they conveniently front load most of the Derby Games as early as possible to get both home and away sorted before we see a return of significant crowds?

Does anyone have any preferences on the fixtures with the obviously preferred option of not having back to back top six fixtures near the end of the season, which over the last two years we seem to have been given?

Leeds / Villa at home near the last game of the season with them needing wins to stay up wouldn’t be bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Just read these may not be announced until 3 weeks before the first game.

Wondered with the lack of crowds would they conveniently front load most of the Derby Games as early as possible to get both home and away sorted before we see a return of significant crowds?

Does anyone have any preferences on the fixtures with the obviously preferred option of not having back to back top six fixtures near the end of the season, which over the last two years we seem to have been given?

Leeds / Villa at home near the last game of the season with them needing wins to stay up wouldn’t be bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just guessing here - based on our last three seasons fixtures - that we will play the majority of clubs at roughly the same time as we have done before. A few examples - Man City within the first and last couple of weeks of the season, Chelsea always seems to be December and January, Southampton and Burnley fixtures have always been within a week or so of each other, generally at the start and end of the season.

Mind you that could all be bollocks, but I’ll hazard a guess and say that we’ll play Fulham on Boxing Day or New Year’s Day. There, you heard it from me first! :cool:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just guessing here - based on our last three seasons fixtures - that we will play the majority of clubs at roughly the same time as we have done before. A few examples - Man City within the first and last couple of weeks of the season, Chelsea always seems to be December and January, Southampton and Burnley fixtures have always been within a week or so of each other, generally at the start and end of the season.

Mind you that could all be bollocks, but I’ll hazard a guess and say that we’ll play Fulham on Boxing Day or New Year’s Day. There, you heard it from me first! :cool:

So, Watford away to start then?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Man City and Man U and all the teams tired from their European exertions first up please ...... because that line of thinking worked so well in the recent past

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's going to be Leeds United away, isn't it ?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Man City and Man U and all the teams tired from their European exertions first up please ...... because that line of thinking worked so well in the recent past

It's been mentioned that those teams that have played European matches late into August may not have PL fixtures in the opening round of games in the new season.
Apparently it's still under consideration.

From the Yorkshire Post (28/7/20):

A forensic study of fixture lists is tradition for the optimistic fan – here’s when they can expect to learn more about the makeup of their side’s calendar.

When does the season get underway?
The 2020/21 season gets underway a month later than usual, on September 12.
When will fixtures for the 2020/21 season be revealed?
Plans for the new season are underway, but it is expected that league organisers will take their time on decision making.
And fans may be waiting for a while yet for details of their clubs fixtures.
According to The Sun, new fixture lists may not be released until three weeks prior to the season kickoff.

The claims suggest that fixtures won’t be revealed until August 21, nine days prior to the Community Shield.
Will teams participating in Europe start later?
The start date for teams competing in Europe remains under discussion.

For now it’s uncertain whether teams that progress through Europe will be able to start their league campaign at a later date.

The finals for the Champions League and Europa League take place on August 23 and August 21 respectively.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Slightly off topic, has it been confirmed that all premier league matches will be televised [across Sky, BT, Amazon , BBC etc] even Saturday 3PM, all whilst fans are not allowed into the stadiums?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So the 'winter break' is split between Jan 9th to 16th or Jan 16th to 23rd this season then.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Slightly off topic, has it been confirmed that all premier league matches will be televised [across Sky, BT, Amazon , BBC etc] even Saturday 3PM, all whilst fans are not allowed into the stadiums?

I had read a while ago that the TV arrangements for Project Restart would NOT apply to the 2020-21 season (ie only the TV-selected games would be broadcast, as in pre-Covid 19 days) but I have no idea if that is still the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here