Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alfredo Morelos

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
An utter loonball.

Scored goals against teams where my mum would get a game in central defence.

It'll be Leigh Griffiths next.....

We've signed players from less competitive teams for years*, it's just about making the judgement about who could step up.

*OK, I do understand that the Scottish league is taking thing to extremes

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Morelos is good - I have no doubt that he'll make it in a top European league ability-wise, and as someone who follows Celtic I'll be pleased to see him leave Rangers. The quality of the Scottish game is often poor but you'd have to have your head buried in the sand to not see there are plenty of players up there who can comfortably make the move down here or elsewhere.

But as has been pointed out, he is a complete nutter and would massively fail the no-dickheads policy.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We've signed players from less competitive teams for years*, it's just about making the judgement about who could step up.

*OK, I do understand that the Scottish league is taking thing to extremes

Goldson is touted as a potential world beater after a couple of seasons with Rangers. He couldn't even get a game with us. I recognise regular football will have improved him - but even so......

How many "prolific strikers" have been signed from Scottish clubs by Premier League teams over the years. How many have been any good?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How many "prolific strikers" have been signed from Scottish clubs by Premier League teams over the years. How many have been any good?

I watched a clip of Edouard’s goals from last season. The defending and goalkeeping he comes up against is generally League One/Two standard.

He’d only get about half a dozen of these at the very most in the Premier League where top defenders make sure you have no time at all in the penalty box.

https://youtu.be/Mvg8zOLWHPk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Goldson is touted as a potential world beater after a couple of seasons with Rangers. He couldn't even get a game with us. I recognise regular football will have improved him - but even so......

Viduka?

On Goldson, I'm glad he's doing well but Rangers' back two of him and Balogun they have two players who aren't even in our top 7(?) central defenders at the club (Dunk, Webster, Duffy, Burn, Veltman, White, Clarke) which should give an idea on quality.

On Morelos, even if he is good enough, he's a cast iron loon. It's a big no for me. Might as well just get Andone back (which actually could be an option).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

My mate who is a Rangers fan says a lot of their fans want Goldson dropped. I also think you're being a little harsh on him here - he was next in line in a promotion-winning team behind Dunk and Duffy (ahead of Hunemeier) and they didn't pick up any injuries or hardly any suspensions.

Strikers is interesting - I'll have to have a think but I'm sure there's a few. Obviously Dembele is doing well, but not in England. Depends what you mean by "over the years".

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yep, a front three of:

Morelos - Maupay - Andone

Would probably be the biggest shithouse front three in modern football.

I almost want this to happen.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Brighton showing interest according to Inside Futbol.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/

Brighton, Sassuolo and Sevilla have all established contact with the entourage of Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

Rangers have just snapped up two strikers in the shape of Kemar Roofe and Cedric Itten, further raising question marks over whether Morelos will leave Ibrox soon.

Brighton and Sevilla's interest is claimed to be strong.

Hope not, can't see how he'd be good enough at this level. Seen him play a few times, very temperamental and inconsistent performances.

The problem is the level of Scottish football too, they just took Balogun and their forum already preening over how fantastic he looks (at that level) was the some with Goldson. And Kemar Roofe gone their...... The better players in Rangers are about mid EFL championship level, signing Moralos ignoring his attitude and even despite his goals in a poor league, is like signing striker from Millwall or Derby.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Misses more chances than he scores

Spends more time suspended than he does on the pitch

Lets splash £30m on him

Rangers have put in a big 50ft by 50ft Window at Ibrox so they can see all the potential buyers coming

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Goldson had a pretty average season last out, contrary to popular belief. Started well but has tailed right off.

Van Dijk did ok after the MTL though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’ve watched a fair bit of him, always reminds me of Suarez without the talent.
Could deffo do a job in the stands against palace.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Breaking news on SSN, Morelos not included in squad to face Kilmarnock.
Have Palace finally got the man to replace Benteke?
Have Leeds finally been able to sign a player?
Does our board see something in him?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep, a front three of:

Morelos - Maupay - Andone

Would probably be the biggest shithouse front three in modern football.

I almost want this to happen.
For entertainment alone this would be magnificent, the crowd would love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here